Medicare Wellness Nurse (RN, Clinic Nurse)
: M-F, 8a - 5p
Job Summary / Job Purpose
The Registered Nurse functions as a vital member of the
healthcare team who contributes to the success the practice by
demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication,
professionalism, and teamwork. Will utilizes the nursing process to
assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided
to selected patient populations and their families.
* Perform general nursing care to patients by following
established standards and procedures.
* Obtain patient consent for care and ensures patient
* Obtain and document health history, information on chief
complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses
* Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards
of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
* Execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions,
administers prescribed medications, and monitor and document
treatment progress and patient response. Refer to/consult with
physicians, other health providers, and community resources to
prevent/resolve problems or concerns.
* Educate patients and families about health status, health
maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
* Document patient assessment and intervention data using
established medical record forms/automated systems and
* Participate in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care
processes and outcomes.
* Track quality assurance data and monitor for acute and chronic
* May act as team lead for other nursing staff.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required &
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
* Current/valid Registered Nurse license from the state
licensing board required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
Experience (required and preferred):
* 1 year related experience in a clinic or acute hospital
nursing setting required.
Skills & Experience
: rn, registered nurse, nurse, wellness, medicare, clinic,
family practice, caring, understanding, priority care, specialty
care, CHI Health Clinics, CHC #nern #missioncritical
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
be considered for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or
conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415)
438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only
respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable
accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the
needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.