HICSA Wellness Specialist I (Part-Time)
Company: University of Nebraska Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Department Int Med Geriatrics/Palliative Med 50000588 Business
Unit College of Medicine Reg-Temp Part-Time Regular Work Schedule
TB by Supervisor Position SummaryPART-TIMEThe Wellness Specialist
will demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to
developing and balancing the six dimensions of wellness: Social,
physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual and vocational for
older adults. Supervise the UNMC Home Instead Center for Successful
Aging's workout facilities through instruction of safe and
effective exercise and maintenance of fitness related equipment.
Develop individualized fitness programs to meet participants'
needs. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate wellness programs and
educational components necessary to compliment the whole-person
approach to wellness. Design and implement wellness programs and
educational components necessary to compliment the whole person
approach to wellness.Early mornings, evening, and weekend shifts
required.Position DetailsAdditional InformationPosting Category
Operations Working Title HICSA Wellness Specialist I (Part-Time)
Job Title Healthcare Specialist Salary Grade HC14H Appointment Type
B2 - REG MGR PROF HOURLY Salary Range $19,600 - $29,400/annual Job
Requisition Begin Date 10/15/2020Required Education: Bachelor's
degreeIf any degree major/training is required, please specify the
type. (NOTE: Concentration and minors are not equivalent to a
major)Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, or health
and fitness related field.Required Experience 1 yearIf any
experience is required, please specify what kind of
experience:Fitness programming/prescription.Required License YesIf
yes, what is the required licensure/certification?
- CPR CertificationRequired Computer Applications: Microsoft
Excel, Microsoft WordRequired Other Computer Applications:Required
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Personally reflects an image of wellness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all client and member
- Sound exercise program design methods.
- Excellence in communication (verbal, written & listening
skills) with a variety of professionals, clients, community/general
public, faculty and students.
- Ability to remain cool, calm and collected during an emergency
- Ability to work independently or cooperatively in a team
- Multitasking skills necessary
- Ability to show respect for others in ALL situations.
- Demonstrate integrity to do what we say we're going to
do.Preferred Education: Relevant coursework/specialized trainingIf
any degree/training is preferred, please specify the
type:Gerontology certificate or coursework.Preferred Experience:
- Fitness programming/prescription for older adults.
- Whole person wellness programming.
- Wellness coaching.Preferred License: YesIf yes, what is the
preferred licensure/certification?:Preferred certifications would
include some of the following:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Senior Fitness Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Advanced Fitness & Health Specialist
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist (CES)
- Certified inclusive Fitness Trainer (CIFT)
- Certified Health Fitness Specialist (HFS)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NCSA-CSCS)
- Fallproof Balance & Mobility Instructor
- Group Fitness Instructor
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Senior Fitness Instructor
- Senior Personal TrainerPreferred Computer Applications:
Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook,
Microsoft PublisherPreferred Other Computer Applications:Preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Email to a Friend
Keywords: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha , HICSA Wellness Specialist I (Part-Time), Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!