Company: Omaha Marriott Downtown Capital District
Posted on: April 10, 2021
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To escort arriving and departing guests in a friendly and courteous
manner to and from their accommodations, transporting their
luggage. Acquaint each guest with room and features. Drive guest to
their destinations in hotel vans with a courteous and friendly
1. Greet customers with a friendly and sincere welcome. Remain calm
and attentive during heavy hotel activity and emergencies.
2. Retrieve guest items from cars, busses, vans, carts and frequent
trips to the airport and/or downtown Omaha.
3. Grasp, lift, carry and or load luggage and packages onto a bell
cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated room.
Navigate bell cart through public areas, guest room corridors and
4. Read and match luggage tags, write claim tickets, and detach
portion to give to guest.
5. Organize and store luggage as necessary in a designated
6. Direct guest flow through hotel giving assistance and direction
to various areas in hotel.
7. Respond to guest requests and handle guest issues or report
complaints to management.
8. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy
9. Post daily functions on clipboard located at the bell desk.
10. Polish bell carts regularly.
11. Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
12. Inspect bell closet daily.
13. Process valet laundry requests for guests.
14. Inspect lobby for cigarettes, trash and debris and clean-up
15. Process/ deliver any shipping and receiving inquiries from
16. Answer guest questions regarding area or hotel, outlet
information and services.
17. Effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of
whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to
defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve
18. Represent the hotel with professionalism and decorum.
19. Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures,
Marriott Standards, and Information Protection procedures.
20. Attend all scheduled mandatory Guest Services Department
meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
21. Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer
problems that might occur throughout shift.
22. Perform all other related duties and special projects as
requested and/or assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Prior hospitality or customer service experience preferred.
3. Must be able to work a varied schedule to include days,
evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under
4. Attention to detail.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (continued):
5. Ability to effectively deal with guest concerns in a friendly
and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of
concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing
positive and proactive solutions.
6. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to
include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the
English Language sufficiently to ascertain information from luggage
tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks
and rooming lists.
7. Ability to stand and move throughout continuously to perform
essential job functions.
8. Hearing and visual ability to communicate with guests and/or
observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
9. Must be able to represent the company in a professional,
well-groomed and courteous manner.
10. Ability to lift, push, pull and/ or carry or otherwise move
packages and boxes and luggage up to 100 lbs. continuously
11. Ability to stand and walk continuously to perform essential job
12. Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and
13. Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling,
and walking significant distances on property.
14. Must have a valid driver's license.
Keywords: Omaha Marriott Downtown Capital District, Omaha , Bellperson PT, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!