Company: Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Company:BHHIC Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Insurance Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies,
we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in
working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial
strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an
exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.Job
Objective:Reviews new and/or renewal policies and applications for
acceptability and profitability within Company's guidelines.
Receives, records and assigns new underwriting submissions to
underwriters. Assists underwriters with new and renewal accounts by
entering information into rating software, prepares new and renewal
binds for policy issuance, serves as quality assurance technician
for various issuance, endorsement, and other necessary documents
required. Communicates with agents for missing information, signed
documentation and clarification of various items on behalf of the
- Reviews and records new business submissions into ImageRight
for Underwriting. Determines what underwriter is responsible for
the risk based upon territory, agency and other items and assigns
the risk to that individual. Reviews the submission for
acceptability within Company guidelines and completeness and
identifies any major areas of concern for the underwriter to
- Identifies and/or reviews proper classification of risk and may
enter risk into rating software for underwriter review for new
- Examines and evaluates inspection reports, MVRs, loss data,
audits, and other available information to determine degree of risk
and identifies risk improvement or need for termination and makes
recommendations to Underwriters.
- Communicates with Company Underwriters and Agents to provide
quotes, instructions, obtain supplemental underwriting information,
obtain necessary signed forms, or provide other assistance as
- Requests updated information from agents such as driver's
lists, stated values, building values, building ages, construction
types, and other risk exposures. Reviews received information for
inconsistencies in the data and makes recommendations to the
underwriter for changes. Identifies and/or reviews proper
classification of risk and may enter risk into rating software for
underwriter review for renewal business. May release renewal quotes
to agents within authority.
- Verifies in the Agency Management System (AMS) that the
appropriate producer licenses are in place for the risks quoted.
Calls to obtain the necessary license information with the various
agencies at the direction of the Underwriter if information is
- Assists in the set up and issuance of newly written polices by
completing information missing that is required for policy
issuance. May complete the information in either the rating or
issuance software products. Makes rating changes to the new policy
based on information received at time of binding within authority.
Verifies accuracy of the information captured in the rating
software and sends completed information to the issuance unit for
- Participates in the research and evaluation process required to
identify where new computer applications and software would provide
better information and/or make workflow easier and more efficient.
Participates in the testing of new computer applications and
- May take inbound calls from agents requesting information on
existing submissions and handles the agent request or routes the
request on to the appropriate underwriter.
- Assists in the entry of large accounts into the rating software
and large account pricing models as directed by Underwriting.
- Performs related duties as situation dictates such as
participating in special projects, etc.Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent and two years college
- Basic math, rating
- Personal computer related software such as Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, etc.)Preferred Knowledge:
- 2-3 years related work experience
- PC hardware/software capabilities and limitations
- Insurance terminology
- Policy coverages, endorsements, etc.
- Company and department practices and procedures
- Insurance related courses such as CPCU, IIA, or AU
- Company guidelines on acceptability and profitability for
applications/accounts/policies A comprehensive benefits package is
available for regular, full-time employees, including health,
vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k)
with company match. We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition
reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further your
education. Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary
state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost
downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking
opportunities with other emerging professionals.
Keywords: Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies, Omaha , Underwriting Assistant, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!