Sr Controls & Governance Officer
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Description - Sr Controls & Governance Officer (054833) Sr
Controls & Governance Officer - ( 054833 ) At Bank of the West, our
people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing
where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity
and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small
businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our
locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to
help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen
communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to
improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more
sustainable and equitable growth.
-- Job Summary Reporting to the Controls & Governance Manager, you
will be responsible for the development, implementation and
oversight of risk and compliance management programs in the first
line of defense using BNPP's Risk Framework. You will ensure the
overall effectiveness and adherence to the governance of the
established risk framework and ongoing evaluation of business
controls. As a member of a high performing team you will be
responsible for risk and control self-assessments, identifying
control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, and
monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk
exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Essential
- Completing an RCSA using an ERM application will include: 1)
Establishing Risk Parameters, 2) Determining Inherent Risk Ratings,
3) Matching Controls to Related Risks, 4) Rating the Controls
Effectiveness, 5) Establishing New Controls Where Gaps Exist, 6)
Determining Residual Risk, 7) Presenting Assessment Results to
Leadership, and 8) Responding to 2LOD's Creditable Challenge of
- Technically savvy with the ability to perform assessment of the
IT infrastructure, hardware, software, IT processes, data
containment IT Architecture, Server Environments, SDLC, Coding
Practices, DevOps, Agile Development Practices and Data
- Provide support for internal, external and regulatory audit
request. Assist IT groups in the development of evidence to
- Develop ad-hoc reports supporting the risk profile for IT
- Assume a leadership role coordinating engagements and providing
instruction to team members.
- Partner with key stake holders in the assessment of third
- Advise senior management and influence process change.
- Educate risk owners on risk management best practices and work
with other risk functions in the development and implementation of
- Demonstrated critical thinking, leadership skills and
- Assess the organization's cyber risk strategy and posture, as
it relates to data risk, cyber risk management, cyber risk
frameworks and policies, and/or cyber risk measures, methods, and
- Deliver key messages with clarity, confidence, and poise to
instill confidence process owners. Other Job Duties
- 1LOD is perceived as a consultant to the IT community
proactively developing strategies to mitigate risk and add value to
the enterprise. Develop relationships and grow into a subject
matter expert role supporting IT processes.
- Keep abreast of IT industry advancement and changes in the
regulatory environment to bring best practices and suggestion to
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members assisting them
take the next professional steps. #LI-BG1 Qualifications
- 7+ years' experience in risk management, general computer
risks, audit and controls knowledge of banking IT environments and
- Working knowledge of the FFIEC Framework, NIST Cyber Framework,
ISO 27000 Series, COBIT, ITIL, SOX etc., employed to enhance the IT
Control environment at the Bank.
- Leadership or managerial experience.
- Ability to collaborate with 2LOD and 3LOD.
- Obtained or in pursuit of certifications (i.e. CISA, CISSP,
CISM, CRISC, CIA, CPA).
- Internal, External or Regulatory audit experience is a
- Familiarity with Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) software
to manage risk and control documentation.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Tactful and diplomatic when engaging with all level of
management always maintaining a professional demeanor. Required
- Experience in financial services or banking industry with
understanding of financial services regulatory environment
- Familiarity with ERM applications such as Archer or
- Experience in IT operations and/or application support
- Proficiency in PC tools (Microsoft Suite, including: Word,
Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail and
quality control of work product Skills
- Proven experience working in an ambiguous environment with
proven ability to explain complex concepts and support points of
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail and
quality control of work product. Excellent interpersonal skills -
ability to foster relationships and create informal networks.
- Ability to think outside the box, respectfully challenging
process and providing unique solutions.
- Build and cultivate positive working relationships with
stakeholders while embedding a risk and security focused mindset
across business units.
- Able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines. Education
- Bachelor's Degree--
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to
provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without
regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West
is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female /
Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Omaha , Sr Controls & Governance Officer, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!