Product Safety Compliance Specialist
Company: Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Product Safety Compliance Specialist Be a part of the GROWING
workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway
Company! Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog
Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees,
empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our
customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else
simply takes care of itself. As our Product Safety Compliance
Specialist, you be responsible for Coordinating, inputting,
updating, and monitoring safety and testing reports and information
into the product safety testing system and communicates to all
involved parties. You will Generate, maintain and share reports
with both internal and external customers to improve testing
compliance/results. Essential Functions
- Identifies safety testing, tracking label and general labeling
requirements for new and current items through the PDQ system, SQL
Testing Database, DSRS, and other reports as needed.
- Communicates safety testing and labeling requirements and
changes to all involved parties through various channels of
communication and reports.
- Analyzes item/pos as they are submitted to the testing lab to
ensure all aspects of the OTC testing program are being met.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries promptly concerning
testing information/requirements/results, labeling, MSDS reports,
general conformity certificates, etc.
- Solves problems and makes decisions regarding testing and
labeling issues taking into account the business environment (i.e.
inventory levels, current orders, current shipments, etc.) in order
to minimize cost implications to OTC. Confers regularly with
supervisor, Legal and other involved parties on items or categories
as issues arise. Involves appropriate parties in resolution.
- Ensures lab and vendor test report findings are correctly
entered into the product safety testing system. Notifies
appropriate parties on report acceptance, results and of any next
- Completes the daily Auto Upload and report generation process
related to testing results and the prioritization list for the
- Monitors and follows up with vendor and/or merchandising on all
items requiring retesting due to testing failures. Files testing
claims with the vendors and accurately records information into the
- Generates, distributes and resolves issues in regards to
general conformance certificates.
- Contacts vendors to obtain copies of General Conformance
Certificates, FDA Color Certificates, Material Safety Data Sheets,
vendor test reports and other safety related documentation as
needed. Reviews documentation with the OTC Legal Department to
- Coordinates submission of samples to testing lab for various
internal auditing purposes.
- Supports other departments in resolution of claims and shipping
issues related to noncompliant testing and labeling.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little
advance notice Here's what you need to join the fun:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and
- Ability to efficiently operate a PC various software including
but not limited to Internet, AS400, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access,
Excel, & Word.
- Ability to adjust to frequent changes in policies and
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently and independently on
multiple tasks and initiatives to meet priority deadlines.
- Must possess effective problem solving and analytical skills
and be highly organized.
- Ability to manage stress and handle difficult situations in a
- Ability to understand problems and business objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent preferred
- Minimum three years administrative or testing experience in a
fast paced office environment with exposure to product safety
testing, and merchandise operations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Access and Lotus
- AS400 experience preferred Apply in less than ten minutes at So
grab this opportunity and transform the "daily grind" into a
thriving career, where fun is all in a day's work! Oriental Trading
Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company ( ), the nation's leading
direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies
welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful
career and Make The World More Fun! EOE
Keywords: Oriental Trading Company, Inc., Omaha , Product Safety Compliance Specialist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!