Interv Rad Technologist- $5000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Nebraska Medicine
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we
are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to
our patients and their families. Please note that this position may
require an assessment after completion of the application. Please
plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)Sign On Bonus - $5000,
please get details from recruiterInterventional Radiology
Technologist Position Highlights:Nebraska Medicine is now taking
applications for a talented individual to join us as an
Interventional Radiology Technologist. This role will be great for
someone that has a passion for IR and great customer service for
our patients we serve. Nebraska Medicine IR Rad Tech department
offers radiology technologists the opportunity to work with
innovative equipment and software, while providing care to unique
patients from around the world. Working in the IR department is an
excellent opportunity to expand your skills by being part of an
energetic and fast-paced environment providing care to thousands of
patients annually. We are proud to be part of an organization that
has received recognition for high standards as a Level 1 Trauma
Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Heart Failure Center, and
Transplant Center. We are constantly working to provide the best
images and provide excellence in all we do. (also known as:
Interventional Rad Tech, IR Tech) We partner with our physicians,
nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious
Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are
excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of
American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come
join us!! Shift:
- Full time and benefits eligible (.90 FTE) - 72 hours per pay
- First Shift
- Will likely include holidays and on-call
responsibilityPotential shifts are: Ask for further detail in
interview process on days/shifts etc --TBD
- 12 hour shift: rotating weeks Week 1: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Week 2: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Why Nebraska Medicine: Our
shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include,
Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution,
PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future
for all individuals and communities through premier educational
programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top
employers and the best employer in Nebraska Utilize departmental
resources (e.g., personnel, supplies, and capital equipment) to
ensure timely and accurate diagnostic and therapeutic exams in the
department at the lowest possible risk and cost to the patient.
Assure that services provided meet cultural and age-related needs
of the patient population served. Required Qualifications:
- Completion of VI Program or a minimum one year experience as a
diagnostic radiologic technologist required.
- Completion of a Joint Review Committee on Education in
Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accredited program in radiology
- Ability to competently deal with patient and family in all age
- Ability to serve patients in a hospital environment
- Proficiency with personal computers required.
- Knowledge of the proper application of sterile technique (OSHA
- Current Registered Technologist (RT), radiography (R) American
Registry Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) registration required.
- Current Nebraska state medical radiographer license
- Certification by the American Registry Radiologic Technologist
(ARRT) in Cardiovascular Intervention CVIT and/or Vascular
Intervention (VI) within 12 months of hire or transfer date
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) required. Preferred
- Prior experience in a diagnostic radiology department or
related experience is preferred.
- Experience with working in a high volume angiography department
- Proficient with vascular /neuro imaging equipment in the
special procedures labs preferred.
- Experience with technical equipment including ionizing
radiation angio machines and generators, digital computer
acquisition devices, post-processing software, laser and paper
printers, high-pressure contrast injectors, and all post processing
- Proficiency with invasive ultrasound, non-invasive ultrasound
and peripheral doppler procedures preferred.
- Familiarity with the location, compatibility, and proper usage
of over 1400 diagnostic and therapeutic medical/surgical supplies
(e.g., trays, needles, catheters, guide wires, endoprosthetic
devices, and other implantable medical devices) preferred.
- Proficiency with physiology monitors (e.g., invasive and
non-invasive blood pressure, EKG, pulse oximetry) preferred.
- Experience with typical office equipment preferred. Working at
Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful
work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and
will help our patients and their families feel comfortable,
confident and cared for.
Keywords: Nebraska Medicine, Omaha , Interv Rad Technologist- $5000 Sign On Bonus, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!