High School Success Navigator
Company: Northstar Foundation
Posted on: May 5, 2021
High School Success Navigator At NorthStar Foundation we focus
on the critical, unmet needs of North Omaha's young men. Our goal
is to help them grow into healthy, educated, employed contributors
to the community. NorthStar services 3rd grade through high school
students and is the only single sex, male out of school program in
Greater Omaha. We have a full-time opening for a High School
Success Navigator to be the point person for programming and
educational attainment for the 9th to 12th grade Leaders &
Key Leadership Competencies: Relationship Building, Community,
Inclusion, and High Emotional Maturity
- Do you want to personally take a lead role in positively
impacting the lives of great young men in Northeast Omaha?
- In your work, do you want to feel a sense of purpose and
commitment to our community?
- At your core, are you all about building positive relationships
- Are you known as an advocate and role model who encourages
others to be their very best?
- Do you have a gift for providing clear, timely
- Are you sensitive to cultural differences and embrace working
with a diverse cross section of people?
- Do the words; positive, team player, and high emotional
intelligence describe you?
- Are you curious and have a thirst for learning and helping
others to be at their best?
- Do people look up to you as a keen and perceptive problem
- Do you enjoy attending youth sporting events and supporting
great student athletes outside of traditional work hours?
- Are you a self-starter who can manage multiple projects
- Are you looking for a position that it is a way of life for you
and not just a job? If you answered "YES" to the questions above,
we may have just the role for you! The ideal candidate maintains an
entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to joining a growing
organization that serves our boys, their families, and our
community. The ideal candidate will work directly with the Director
of Education to implement and execute comprehensive and aligned
academic programming to ensure student needs are being met, while
also working with the Director of Program Growth to attract and
more importantly, retain, students as they transition from 8th to
9th grade and matriculate through high school, graduating with a
clear plan for a career, 2-year or 4-year higher education. Being
an active listener, leading by example 24/7 in all aspects of life,
being able to coach young men to do their best in the face of
academic, social and community hurdles, and maintaining high
visibility in the building are essential elements of this key
position. If you never want to work nights or weekends, this job is
not for you. Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; degree in education, social work,
or related field desired.
- Proven capability of building strong relationships with a
- Ability to understand and navigate Omaha Public School's
secondary curriculum essential.
- Previous experience as a camp counselor or having pursued a
vocation or avocation with passion desired
- Classroom teaching experience (6th to 12th grades) desired, but
- Previous experience playing or coaching a sport is
- Previously trained in and/or use of PBIS, Boys Town Social
Skills, E + R = O desired.
- First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain within
first 3 months of employment is required.
- Valid Nebraska driver's license, background screening and
ability to operate NorthStar passenger vans is required.
- Are you a technology nut? Strong technology acumen is a plus.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Apple product lines is
Keywords: Northstar Foundation, Omaha , High School Success Navigator, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!