Elementary Special Education Teacher
Company: DC West Community Schools
Posted on: May 6, 2021
DC West, a growing Class C-1 school district located on the
western edge of Omaha, is now accepting applications for the
following certified openings for the 2021-2022 school year:
•Elementary Special Education Teacher (One-Year Contract)
Education Level and Certification: Bachelors degree required. Must
possess at all times during employment a Nebraska Teaching
Certificate with such endorsements as required by NDE Rule 10.
Endorsement: Special Education Endorsement appropriate for the
instructional responsibility assigned to the teacher (grade level
and disability) as required by NDE Rules 24 and 51. Additional
endorsements in core academic subject areas or HOUSSE approval as
required by the teacher's assignment to be NCLB qualified.
- Maintain all pertinent NDE electronic documents
- Maintaining current team member access
- Maintaining current student and parent information
- Finalizing all documents
- Opening progress reports in timely fashion for related service
- Manage caseloads including:
- Preparing, scheduling and conducting IEP's and MDT's on or
before anniversary date
- Managing monthly roster including insuring that:
- Special education percentages accurately reflect services and
are in compliance with what is stated on the IEP
- New IEP/MDT dates are recorded accurately
- Indicating all related services and other information
- Provide services as directed in IEP.
- Develop a working knowledge of students on case load as it
pertains to providing special education services.
- Document all parent interactions (phone calls, notes,
- Supervise paraprofessionals.
- Conduct formal and informal diagnostic observations and
- Communicate with district and outside agencies.
- Attend regularly scheduled and other announced special
- Comply with NDE Rule 51 guidelines.
- Inside offices and classrooms.
- Outside for activities with students and student
Additional or Different Physical Requirements:
Must be able to fulfill restraint training procedures.
FLSA Status: Exempt.
Keywords: DC West Community Schools, Omaha , Elementary Special Education Teacher, Other , Valley, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!