Ophthalmic Tech / Ophthalmology
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Schedule: 0 30 Hours a week. We are currently searching for an
Ophthalmic Technician to assist the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist
with basic screening and administrative functions in the specialty
clinic setting. Essential Functions
- Assists Ophthalmologist or Optometrist with the provision of
eye care in the office setting
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms, reviewing the
- Performs basic and routine vision screening examinations,
administering eye medications, cleaning and maintaining ophthalmic
instruments and assisting physicians during minor surgical and
- Prepares patients for eye exams and performs/assists with all
tests and procedures.
- Obtain patient history, perform entrance testing, manage
patient flow, and assist the doctor as needed.
- Administers and maintains proficient with lensometers, visual
field testing, keratometer readings, tonometry, contact lens
instruction, BAT testing, and topography.
- Maintains patient flow and returns phone calls per
- Sterilizes instruments, maintains supplies and equipment, and
ensures accurate documentation
- Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the
- Perform physical requirements as described in the Physical
Requirements section EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Degree as an Ophthalmic Tech, Ophthalmic Medical Tech, or
Ophthalmic Assistant preferred.
- One year recent Ophthalmic experience required
- Current and valid certification as an Ophthalmic Tech,
Ophthalmic Medical Tech, or Ophthalmic Assistant preferred.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American
Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Medication Aide Registration with the
Nebraska State Medication Aide Registry required, within 90 days of
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha, Omaha , Ophthalmic Tech / Ophthalmology, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!