Temporary Project Employee
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: May 6, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Temporary Project Employee Part-Time Temporary
Project Employee Guidelines
- Project based - The same or similar project based work cannot
be requested annually. - Projects must be different and relevant to
the school or department goals.
- Temporary service means employment as a non-regular employee
for the purpose of providing service for a limited period of time,
not to exceed one year, to accomplish a specific purpose or
- Projects are determined by each building. Activities / duties
assigned will be specific to the individual building's approved
project based work. QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree in education from an
accredited college or university (for a certified teaching
temporary project employee)
- A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one
with appropriate endorsement(s) (for a certified teaching temporary
- A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional
Practices (for a certified teaching temporary project
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher
performance and/or student teaching experience
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the
standards for ethical and professional performance established by
the State Board of Education.
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster
positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively
with students, staff, parents and the community
- A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a
continuous quest for quality education. OTHER INFORMATION Location:
TBD Reports to: Building Principal / Department SupervisorWork
Schedule: Hourly temporary schedule Salary Schedule: varies based
on type of work Hours to Work: Hours vary based on project-based
work. Specific number of hours or length of project not guaranteed.
Hourly Temporary Employee Information
- Employees are not eligible for the same programs as
benefit-earning employees, therefore; no employee benefits and no
mileage will be assigned to hourly positions.
- In addition, part-time employees are not eligible for accrual
of retirement benefits.
- These positions do not fall under the negotiated agreement for
classified or certificated employees, therefore; no contract will
be issued by the District for hourly positions.
- These individuals are project based or for a specific period of
- Part-time positions may be eliminated at any time by Human
Resources or by the designated supervisor.
- Part-time employees are responsible to clock in / out when they
- All part-time positions are for one school year only and do not
carry over to summer or subsequent school year assignments. Human
Resources will term the part-time employee in PeopleSoft upon
completion of the project.* NOTE: The statements herein are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Temporary Project Employee, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!