Family Support Specialist
Company: Beneficial Behavioral Health Services
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Beneficial Behavioral Health Services is looking for
enthusiastic employees who are passionate about making a difference
in the lives of children and families. Family support service is
the provision of face-to-face assistance strengthening and helping
families who have been separated work towards reunification. Family
support specialists provide services that promote family well-being
and offer education and support to parents in day-to-day living
including household management, parenting skills, building healthy
relationships, and emotional regulation techniques, along with
providing supervision of visits between parents and their children
in the family's home or a community-based setting. Family support
specialists empower struggling families to build support systems,
access community resources, make better parenting choices, and
begin to heal. Why Should You Work For BBHS?
- Flexible Scheduling
- Gain valuable experience in the Human Services field
- Health and Dental Insurance for Full-Time employees
- Supportive staff and teammates
- Casual dress
- Rewarding employment: helping families in your community
Starting Salary: $15/hr Full-time and Part-time positions needed.
- Assist parents with making progress towards case goals assigned
by a case manager.
- Supervise visits between the youth and parent, which requires
the ability to hear and see all visit interactions, and will
intervene if child safety is compromised.
- Remedying neglect, child abuse, and family conflict, improving
- Building family coping skills, communication skills, and skills
related to finding necessary resources.
- Improve basic daily living skills, including better managing
the home and income.
- The worker shall be familiar with community and program
resources to assist families with obtaining necessary medical care
and treatment, appropriate support systems, and required
training/education as identified in case goals.
- Provide transportation with a personal vehicle around the
community based on the requirements of the family and the case
- Record and file progress reports to submit for weekly and
monthly documentation using provided templates. Evenings and at
least 8 hours on the weekends are required for the job as this is
when most families can be together to reunite. Who are we looking
- Reliable full-time and part-time professionals
- An enthusiastic person wanting to help children and
- College Students studying psychology, social work, criminal
justice, human services, education, or other related fields
- Graduate Students
- Individuals with experience in childcare, caregiving,
counseling, therapy, education, or any related human services
- Must be 19 years old or older
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor's Degree required in human services, social work,
psychology, education, or related fields (other BA/BS degrees
accepted if the applicant has two years of experience in the
- Two years of child-related education or work
- Strong writing skills and computer skills
- Demonstrates understanding and empathy for others
- Pass background checks (Sexual Offenders Register, DHHS Central
Registers for Adult Protective Services/Child Abuse and Neglect,
and all Criminal Background Checks.)
- Pass a drug test upon hire and throughout employment
- Current and valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving
- Maintain and provide copies of current Auto Insurance
- Ability to build relationships with clients.
- Strong time management skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive
- Additional compensation for bilingual skills (Spanish
speaking). About Beneficial Behavioral Health Services Founded in
1999 by a Licensed Independent Mental Health Professional and
Professional Counselor, located in Omaha, Nebraska, Beneficial
Behavioral Health Services (BBHS) is a multifaceted behavioral
health services agency. The goal of our services is to reconnect
and assist families that have been separated by CPS or the State of
Nebraska, by providing support through supervised visitations and
family support services. Strengthening families and helping them
through the healing process is at the core of our business and
continues to be the driving force behind every decision our staff
makes. Mission Statement: "Building Happier Lives Through
Behavioral Health" Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Beneficial Behavioral Health Services, Omaha , Family Support Specialist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!