Posted on: June 10, 2021
Company Name: Baker's
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Perform general product preparation, clean-up and stock work in
the Meat Department and provide customer service. Role model and
demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty,
integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cutting, grinding, slicing, preparing, processing, trimming,
tenderizing, sealing, packaging, wrapping, bagging, pricing,
prefabricating, dating, labeling, scaling, merchandising, selling,
serving customers, and other functions incidental thereto in
accordance with Company policies.
- Keep department temperature logs accurately updated and
- Stock and display meat items safely and in accordance with
- Check product quality; make sure it is rotated properly and
- Keep sales areas, backrooms, coolers clean and well
- Keep carts, tools, and supplies in their designated areas and
- Keep floors, clean, safe, and free from clutter.
- Provide good customer and associate relations.
- Able to communicate with customers and fellow associates.
- Unload trucks, sort orders, and place in proper cooler
- Wash and sanitize equipment in accordance with Dillon and
Health Department policies and procedures.
- Make a friendly impression on customers.
- Wait on customers and counter promptly and cheerfully. Greet
customers and provide them with good quality foods.
- Increase store sales and profits in conjunction with retail
operations and marketing programs.
- Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, particularly in the
area of maintenance of a work environment free of unlawful
harassment or discrimination.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read shelf tags, signs, and product
- Must work with various cleaning solutions, safely use sharp
tools, and operate certain equipment.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced
- Able to tactfully and calmly handle stressful situations and
make a positive impression on associates and customers.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Meat work experience or similar experience in food
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to
employment practices, safety, and food handling.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and
Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for
a variety of positions, including management opportunities for
those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages
and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement.
If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company,
complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half
a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily
through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner
names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated
to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to
creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The
Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages,
flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NE || Omaha || 4405 North 72Nd St. || 68134 ||
Baker's || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations ||
Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Keywords: Kroger, Omaha , Meat Cutter, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!