Senior Assistant Family Teacher
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Business: Boys Town
Job Summary: In a career as a Senior Assistant Family-Teacher,
you play a big part in making a difference in changing a youth's
life. Youth come to the Boys Town Family Home Program for a variety
of reasons, such as: family or school issues, abuse, neglect,
abandonment, or involvement in the juvenile justice system. You
come in by teaching them appropriate social, academic and
independent living skills. We strive to give Boys Town Kids the
fulfilling lives they deserve.
The Senior Assistant Family-Teacher provides direct care for
at-risk youth in a safe and caring family style living environment.
This position guides and teaches youth in multiple homes on
appropriate skills and behaviors and provides youth with moral,
spiritual and educational development needed for future success.
This position is in Community 4, girls' home.
Schedule: Full time to include evening, weekend, and overnight
- Provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth in a safe and caring
family-style living environment.
- Provides for moral, spiritual, and educational
- Provides and fosters a caring and safe environment.
- Teach youth appropriate skills and behaviors using the Boys
- Plan and participate in individual and family activities that
are both educational and entertaining
- Work in conjunction with an assigned Family-Teaching
- Provide youth with moral, spiritual and educational development
needed for future success
- Use problem solving techniques to teach critical thinking and
assist youth with behavioral problems
- Assist with youth transportation needs, household upkeep, and
- Maintain and prepare written records for household budgeting,
tracking youth progress, and reporting incidents or behaviors
- Manages budget.
- Acts as a liaison for consumers, outside agencies, and internal
- Provides administrative support for multiple homes.
- Serve as a role model for ethical behavior and promote
awareness and moral principles of the Mission, Vision, & Values of
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelors degree
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving
record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR)
- 1 year of Family Home Program or direct care experience.
- Must attend 15 plus hours of advanced training a year.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America
cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have
helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha,
Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care
organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town
National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into
the health care and research fields, offering even more career
opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving
Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment
to making the world a better place for children, families,
patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and
their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free
prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance,
parenting resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: May 4, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be
performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties,
skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment
opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Senior Assistant Family Teacher, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!