Shipping & Receiving Utility Worker
Posted on: June 10, 2021
D&D Foods, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Shipping & Receiving Utility Worker
3:00-7:00 Monday thru Friday.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
Load and Unload trailers, general cleanup of all warehouse
areas, assist production with needed items.
Accountable and reports to: Director, Warehouse Operations &
Logistics and Shipping & Receiving Supervisor.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FREQUENCY:
- Maintaining and ensuring food safety
- Report any food safety deviations to your supervisor
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company
policies and departmental guidelines.
- Receive inbound products insuring proper counts, label and
distribute products to their proper locations throughout our
- Assist with maintaining all warehouse and work areas to ensure
areas are clean and organized.
- Conducts all activities in a safe manner, follows GMP's and
adherers to department SOP's
- Fills in for department employees in all areas as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as
- Checks of trailer temperatures, assists with temperature
monitoring devises, assist incoming and outgoing drivers as
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FREQUENCY:
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Occasional Saturdays as needed.
- Cooler/ freezer and dry storage areas.
- Daily contact occurs with production employees, management and
- Frequent deadlines exist while handling multiple tasks.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Office phone system, Microsoft Office, RF Scanners, radios,
pallet jacks, Stand up forklifts and floor scrubbing machine.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Basic computer abilities.
- Meets hours of shift but allows for flexibility in scheduling
to meet departmental coverage and seasonal demands.
- Able to bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds throughout the
- This is considered an unskilled position. Frequent to constant
handling, grasping, constant listening, talking, and hearing,
seeing, reading, dealing with people, influencing others and
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
High school education or equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
Fork lift certified on standup reach truck or ability to pass
forklift operator certification.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Omaha , Shipping & Receiving Utility Worker, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!