Media Sales Services Specialist II
Company: Cox Enterprises
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Cox Media, part of Cox Communications, works with local business
to provide multi-screen marketing solutions.The Media Sales
Services Specialist II (SSS II) assists sales consultants in
developing multi-screen marketing solutions for local and regional
businesses. Post sale, this role will ensure a frictionless end to
end customer experience.
Work with both internal and external customers in the fast-paced
world of media and advertising sales and support. Internal
customers are primarily the Sales team but other departments as
well. Work is time- and error-sensitive; failure to meet deadlines
or produce accurate work results in lost revenue. The position
requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands and scrupulous
attention to detail. Relationships are a team sport, so Cox Media
seeks to hire employees who are client focused and facing this may
include on- and off-site client activities. The role has
significant contact with external customers by phone and in person.
Communication is key in the position as it may assign work to
others with no formal organizational authority. Works independently
with limited supervision. Requires a higher degree of autonomy,
proactivity and initiative than entry level positions. The
collaboration with this role allows for interaction with many
different partners on a daily basis.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Partners with sales consultants to build upon CNA data to
prepare customized client solutions to include all Cox Media
- Partners with sales consultants to develop a strong partnership
and relationship with high revenue potential clients, agencies
and/or rep firms to ensure all client needs are met.
- May support local origination channels.
- Creates quality and custom schedule proposals that reinforce
our solutions selling model.
- Strategizes with sales consultants to increase revenue
generation that includes up-selling as it aligns with the client
solution and other opportunities available that fit within the
client's goals and objectives.
- Key duties include leading the collaboration between Client
Services and Sales Services to develop proposals, schedules and
customized solution presentations, partnering with the CFC
(Centralized Fulfillment Center) for order entry and revision
instructions, managing and troubleshooting ad copy, fulfilling make
goods requests and managing client requests.
- Takes ownership and responsibility to solve complex internal /
external customer problems.
- Is expected, on occasion, to be involved in after-hours client
events and other activities.
- IMPORTANT: Key and National Accounts are by nature more complex
with added complexity in client needs. Examples include research
intensive customized solutions that include more depth of products
which lends to complexity in fulfillment execution and
Major work activities include:
- Collaborates with sales consultants to develop complex client
solutions and schedules based on the client needs analysis (CNA).
Solutions involve ad campaigns with multiple fulfillment avenues
and complicated schedules involving a large number of channels that
broadcast to multiple geographic areas.
- Develops schedule proposals in View32 based on product mix,
inventory availability, rating information, and rate card
- Develops custom client presentations based on proposed
solutions; attends and may present portions of the proposal;
updates the presentation and proposed schedule based on feedback
obtained at the client meeting.
- May upsell in line with client goals and objectives and
previously agreed-upon client solution, especially in conjunction
- Coordinates all account services support activity for assigned
account, including development of customized solutions.
- Ensures that ad copy is submitted to the CFC, entered into
Novar per instructions, approved, and corrected if necessary;
updates or troubleshoots ad copy and locates previously used spot
IDs and copy media, as needed.
- Investigates pre-empted spots, submits makegood instructions
based on client or sales consultant direction, and ensures that
makegoods are processed correctly in Novar.
- Contacts customers to obtain information or to inform them
about schedule changes; responds to customers' questions, solves
their schedule-related problems, and handles other client requests
by phone or in person; in conjunction with sales consultants
provides follow-up information and post-campaign details to
- Submits digital media (online product, mobile, VOD,
Interactive) and local origination channel (LO) orders using the
appropriate fulfillment processes and systems.
- Monitors key business reports to gauge the successful
fulfillment of client contracts. Initiates and takes action as
needed to engage sales consultants in modifications, changes,
and/or client notifications needed.
- Sets up new clients/agencies in TIM and works with CFC to set
them up in Novar and set up their billing.
- Coordinates and provides direction and assistance to CFC
regarding order entry and revision. May act as informal team lead
when no SS Supervisor or Manager is present.
- Investigates and resolves credit holds and misapplied payments;
maintains records and keeps balance on all trade accounts.
- Attends job-related training that may include refresher
training, and service updates.
- 2 or more years of experience preferred in related field
(customer service, sales support, media sales, etc.)
- Strong experience with all Microsoft Office applications
specifically, demonstrated expertise in PowerPoint and Excel.
Highly skilled at navigating new platforms.
- Excellent skills in adaptability, critical thinking, applied
learning, collaboration, delivering customer service, formal
presentations, high impact communication, initiating action,
problem solving and troubleshooting, quality orientation,
reasoning, self-organizing, and written communication, in order to
work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organization required as a
failure to meet deadlines or produce accurate work results in lost
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or
Public Relations discipline strongly desired (sales, advertising or
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Experience as a media buyer or planner, doing advertising
agency work, working in a client-side marketing or public relations
role, or some combination of these.
- Campaign management expertise required, mutli screen and
campaign optimization preferred.
- Experience with digital advertising solutions focused on
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments
of human connection through broadband applications and services.
The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve
six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated
to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Enterprises, Omaha , Media Sales Services Specialist II, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!