FOUR Pre-Employment Transition Services Specialists (VR Service or Rehabilitation Specialist)
Company: State of Nebraska
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Nebraska Department of Education is looking for
FOURPre-Employment Transition Services Specialist to help Nebraska
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) clients achieve employment outcomes
through the provision of agreed-upon services.
Nebraska Department of Education employees are working from
hybrid work locations. This approach includes both working in the
local VR office and from a home office. The amount of time spent
working from home or in the office is subject to supervisory
approval and will be discussed at the interview.
Budgeted Salary Range:
The salary range for this position is dependent on
- Successful candidates with a Bachelor's degree will be hired as
a Service Specialist, with a salary range of $16.108 -
- Successful candidates with a Master's degree will be hired as a
Rehabilitation Specialist, with a salary range of $19.945 -
These ranges are based upon available budget funds. The selected
candidate's skills, abilities, education, and experience will
determine the salary offer within this posted range.
NDE is committed to advancing equity, inclusiveness, and
diversity in all that we do. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, we encourage applications from ALL qualified
candidates and assure they will receive consideration for this
position regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion,
age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital
status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
This position is federally funded and may be governed by the
Federal Hatch Act. Click here to review the Act.
Examples of Work
- Initiates and develops relationships with employers, human
resources, and management to allow for the development of effective
job exploration, work-based learning activities, and work
opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Provides career, personal adjustment, and disability counseling
to help clients (high school age students) achieve employment
- Monitors and advocates for client progress to support efficient
follow through by team members and providers to ensure student
- Develops and maintains partnerships with employers, community
referral sources, and one-stop centers.
- Provides outreach and information about vocational
rehabilitation to the community, including referral sources and
- Visits assigned high schools to meet with school staff and
students with disabilities.
- Provides pre-employment transition services and other
rehabilitation services in coordination with the local high
- Recommends the purchase of goods and services for clients in
accordance with established fiscal policies and procedures.
Rehabilitation Specialist Additional Functions:Including the
functions above, Rehabilitation Specialists will also be
responsible for the responsibilities listed below.
- Prepares and approves cases for client eligibility, priority
groups, job goal, and plan for employment by analyzing and
synthesizing medical and psychological reports, social, education,
and employment information.
- Develops, manages, and approves Individualized Plans for
Employment (IPEs), and employment outcome determinations.
- Conducts employment discussion and career exploration to assess
client strengths and barriers, vocational interests, aptitude,
skills, preference and values.
- Advises and instructs adults and high school age youth with
disabilities in informed decision making, interpersonal,
educational, and vocational skills.
- Possesses a valid driver's license, travels independently, and
works in a variety of settings.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in Nebraska VR and Nebraska Department of
Education committees and work groups.
- Provides one or more of the following (1) benefit analysis, (2)
Employment Success Skills (ESS) training, (3) independent living
Working Conditions and Travel:
This position requires approximately 25% of work time spent in
an office environment and the remaining 75% of work time spent
traveling and working in sites such as schools, Educational Service
Units (ESUs), and work-based learning experience sites.
Qualifications / Requirements
Bachelor's degree in a related field or Bachelor's degree in
another field and a minimum of two years of work experience related
to the essential functions of the position.
Master's degree with emphasis in one of the following areas:
Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling, Counseling and Guidance, or
another field that reasonably provides competence in the employment
sector, in a disability field, or both.
Experience working with and advocating for persons with
significant disabilities. Experience or training providing case
management services (documenting observations, writing case notes,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Formats used in written business communications.
- English grammar, spelling, and composition needed for
- Computer software necessary to carry out job
- Types and uses of office equipment.
- Office management principles, methods, and procedures.
- Established policies, procedures, practices of the Nebraska
Department of Education.
- Interact with persons having significant disabilities.
- Locate and summarize information from files and documents.
- Communicate orally and in writing with agency staff and the
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Maintain the confidential nature of information.
- Understand, interpret, and apply rules, administrative
policies, and program guidelines.
- Operate office equipment necessary to perform the required
- The Supplemental Questions section of the application assist us
in determining candidates to interview, so answering them
completely with requested details is highly encouraged. Each
written response area has ample space to provide a complete
response; due to screen size, we do not recommend filling out this
application on small mobile devices.
Keywords: State of Nebraska, Omaha , FOUR Pre-Employment Transition Services Specialists (VR Service or Rehabilitation Specialist), Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!