PT - Day Caregiver or CNA (Weekends Only)
Company: Apostle Nursing Home Health Care, LLC
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Provide service to individuals in their own homes and
communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result
of old age, sickness, disability and/or other infliction. Personal
Care may include assistance with the activities of daily living,
housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation,
companionship and respite,
- Responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring
and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies
and industry standards.
- Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care
- bathing - shaving - ambulation
- mouth care - dressing - exercise
- hair care - feeding - toileting
- nail care - positioning - medication reminding
- skin care - transferring - vital signs and Blood Pressure
- Ensure clients safety and security by supervising the home
- Teach/perform meal planning and preparation, routine
housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting,
vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and
- Provide companionship including social interactions,
conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement of
activities that stimulate the mind.
- Provides respite care for families in accordance with care
- Perform/assist with essential shopping/errands, which may
include handling the clients money in accordance with the care plan
and under the observation of the Supervisor.
- Assist clients with following a written, special diet plan and
reinforcement of diet maintenance, which is provided under the
direction of a Physician and as identified on the care plan.
- Accompany clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping and
outings as specified in the care plan.
- Assist clients with communication by writing or typing
correspondence for them or researching information for them.
- Participate on the Care Team by providing input and making
- Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant
policies, procedures and practices.
- Monitor supplies and resources.
- Evaluate the program and make recommendations to it, as
- Follow the written care plan.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports unsafe
conditions to Supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports behavior,
physical and/or cognitive changes and/or changes in living
arrangements to Supervisor.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities,
observations, and direct hours of service.
- Attend orientation, in-service training sessions and staff
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working
relationships with others.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Communicate with Supervisor and co-workers.
- Observe, receive and obtain information from relevant
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of personal care and home management skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and
personal care services, including needs determinants, meeting
quality standards and evaluation of client satisfaction,
- Knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose
and treat injuries including emergency first aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as maintaining records
and completing forms.
- The ability to competently assist clients with their activities
of daily living.
- The ability to be aware of other peoples reactions and
understanding why they react as they do.
- The ability to establish and maintain relationship.
- The ability to teach others.
- The ability to listen actively.
- The ability to identify problems and determine effective
- The ability to apply reason and logic to identify strengths and
weaknesses of possible solutions.
- The ability to monitor and assess themselves, clients and
effectiveness of service.
- The ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- The ability to communicate information orally so others
- The ability to communicate in writing so others
- The ability to work independently and in cooperation with
- The ability to determine or recognize when something is likely
to go wrong.
- The ability to suggest a number of ideas on a subject.
- The ability to perform activities that use the whole body.
- The ability to handle and move objects and people.
- The ability to provide advice and consultation to others.
- The ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- The ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Good physical and mental health.
- Physical ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach,
stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear and see.
- Mental fortitude and stability to handle stress.
- Physical and mental ability to drive a vehicle.
- Certified Nursing Assistant preferred but no required
- Current drivers license.
- Proper Vehicle Insurance Coverage.
- May require related experience.
- On the job training for new activities.
Keywords: Apostle Nursing Home Health Care, LLC, Omaha , PT - Day Caregiver or CNA (Weekends Only), Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!