Sports Camp Lead Counselor
Company: Genesis Health Clubs
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are looking for aspiring professionals who are passionate
about working with youth. This position is an ideal opportunity to
grow professional skills, experience challenges that support
personal growth, and build lifelong connections in a positive
environment. Being a Camp Counselor is tough, incredibly fulfilling
and worthwhile work.As a member of the camp team, your days will be
filled with challenges, surprises and laughter. Cultivating growth
within a group of campers isnt easy and its incredibly important
work. At camp, we work to develop an intentional community where
each child is celebrated, known, and supported. We facilitate
programming that helps our campers grow life skills and redefine
their understanding of what they are capable of. At camp, we are a
united and passionate team of youth development professionals
working diligently to intentionally shape tomorrows leaders. Its
serious work for seriously fun and dedicated people!Job Title: Lead
Camp CounselorReports to: Camp Site Director Specific
Duties and Responsibilities: MASTER LIST
PHYSICAL and MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- I am responsible for reading and having clarity regarding
information in the daily communication log and weekly update
- I am responsible for leading a team of campers through their
one week camp experience: Learn to Play Sport Workshops, yoga
class, field trips, lunch, arts and crafts, swimming, Character
First lessons, Fun with Food Lessons, Dance class, group
development, campfire games/skits and more
- I am responsible for facilitating the development of
friendships to ensure each child is connected to their camp
- I am responsible for ensuring each camper is signed in and out
of camp daily
- I am responsible for instructing Learn to Play Workshops:
soccer, basketball, lacrosse, ultimate Frisbee, floor hockey,
volleyball, and flag football
- I am responsible for tracking weather patterns and adapting
planned itinerary to ensure the safety and engagement of each
student enrolled in the program
- I am responsible for day to day communication with Camp
parents, team members, and Camp Site Director
- I am responsible for the planning and execution the camp
- I am responsible for daily Zone Management, meaning I own
ensuring each area of the club utilized by camp is on Brand, clean,
and in good repair.
- I am responsible for completing daily opening and closing
- I work in conjunction with the Camp Site Director to move our
- I maintain a comprehensive understanding of the specific needs
of the campers in my care- allergies, swim ability, adults who have
authorization to pick-up campers, medical concerns, etc.
- I attend Team meetings and events and support fellow team
members in doing the same
- I work to develop strong trusting relationships with my camp
team, member families, non-member families, Team Members and commit
to creating an On-Brand, enjoyable and inviting atmosphere for both
members and the Team within the Youth Department
- I am responsible for connecting with camp parents daily to
share about their childs camp experience and for sharing pertinent
behavior concerns with the Camp Site Director
- I am responsible for setting up the necessary equipment for
each camp day.
- I am responsible for finding coverage for sick days and
I am responsible for communicating planned vacation days
prior to March 1st. Seasonal team members have a maximum capacity
of 5 vacation days per camp season.
- This position is compensated hourly and is full time
- A Camp Counselor may instruct classes or otherwise work in a
different department at Genesis Health Clubs
- 100% of performance expectations are, and continue to be, met
for the Camp Department Team member.
- The work performed in the department other than Camp Department
takes place outside of regularly scheduled hours for the Camp Team
- Approval to work in a department other than Camp Department has
been received from the Camp Site Director as well as the
appropriate Department Manager.
- This position requires a person be physically fit and mentally
alert. There may be a need for standing, walking, sitting, lifting,
kneeling, reaching, handling, thinking, reasoning, and calculating,
some of it constant.
- This position has an inherent amount of physical and mental
stress. All candidates must be prepared for and capable of adapting
to such conditions.
- A positive attitude and professional behavior are expected and
displayed consistently in all dealings with members and/or fellow
Team members. This person is expected to be a role model on a daily
basis as a living example of the intentional camp culture.
- The work of a Camp Counselor is divided equally with indoor and
- Genesis Health Clubs strives to maintain a safe, healthy and
pleasant working environment, but the Team member is expected to
notify his/her superior immediately to repair any potentially
unhealthy defect, condition, or situation.
- Healthy and physically fit.
- Must have one year of experience working with children
- Fluent in English
- Must be passionate about working with children
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication
and interpersonal skills.
- A strong understanding of Customer Service and have effective
- Available to work days full time Monday-Friday
- Responsible for securing reliable transportation to and from
- Must be able to commit to entire summer
Keywords: Genesis Health Clubs, Omaha , Sports Camp Lead Counselor, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!