BSA/AML Transaction Monitoring Investigator, Assoc II
Company: Bank of the West
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team
members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a
spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000
employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our
modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and
optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and
rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects
diversity - an environment where team members are engaged,
supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our
customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that
has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European
leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6
strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our
diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking,
National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible to detect, review and report on potential suspicious
activities filtered by various AML systems. In addition, he/she may
investigates external inquiries via Legal (subpoenas), internal
investigations other groups (fraudulent instruments and inquiries),
and capital markets related transaction activity.
- Review and detect suspicious activity based on a variety of AML
Systems generated transactional alerts from transactional activity
(which may include wire transfers, checks, security transactions,
trade finance letters of credit, loans and cash letters).
- Determine if alerts can be closed or warrant further
investigation and elevation to an active investigation in the case
- As necessary, use available research tools (public internet
sources as well as third party sites) to identify information
concerning transactions identified for further investigation.
- Research past alerts and cases to see if previous
investigations have taken place and what conclusions were
- Request additional information by contacting various compliance
or business personnel throughout the organization to determine if
facts and circumstances surrounding unusual transactions warrants
closure of the investigation or if further reporting is
- Escalate unusual activity or lack of responsiveness to
inquiries to Management.
- Document investigations in case management tool.
- Draft Suspicious Activity Reports ("SARs") as warranted.
- Actively participate in Team discussions, Committees, projects
- Assist in the creation, development and review of Compliance
- Prepare reports to Management as assigned.
- Review anticipated activity of clients and compare with actual
activity recorded in the system.
- Liaise with Management regarding procedural issues and
methodology used in alert completion.
- Prepare reports using Excel to display transaction flow of
payments and/or other payment activities.
- Assist in the coordination of list management within the
monitoring system (country risk ratings; alternative country
spellings and abbreviations; watch list; etc.).
- Be able to work independently.
Keywords: Bank of the West, Omaha , BSA/AML Transaction Monitoring Investigator, Assoc II, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!