Die Cutting Operator (12666-159)
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Perform manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up,
maintenance, and operations of the Die Cutter.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Make-ready, adjust, and run job as efficiently as possible to
meet safety and productivity standards.
- Examine job order to determine quantity to be cut, stock
specifications, and special die cutting instructions
- Examine cutting dies for visual defects and apply correcting
solution to repair minor defects
- Make necessary adjustments to ensure quality
- Ensure information is communicated between shifts
- Ensure Company Safety, Quality, and Production standards are
- Perform proper and required maintenance as well as cleaning of
- Maintenance duties include stooping under machinery, entering
confined spaces and climbing ladders.
- Must input information into computer for proper tracking of
inventory and waste.
- Occasional bending, reaching, twisting and stooping
- Occasional squatting and kneeling for cleaning and clearing
Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
- 3 years direct Die Cutting experience (preferably within the
folding carton industry) or 3-5 years' experience with the
equipment as a Production Assistant within a folding carton
- Strong mechanical aptitude/skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand technical written and verbal
- Strong computer and math skills required
- Ability to accurately distinguish color variation
- Must be able to work other shifts if needed and perform
overtime work as required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Frequent lifting (up to 75 pounds), bending and turning
- Prior folding carton experience preferred
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the
box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations
in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive
to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in
the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of,
we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here
to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Omaha , Die Cutting Operator (12666-159), Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!