What does a great Solution Architect do?
The Solution Architect role applies vast experience of system
architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and
infrastructures to support key IT initiatives. The candidate must
apply their knowledge of IT best practices appropriately to define
IT solutions. The individual must possess the ability to analyze
solutions and technologies and provide solution architecture based
on knowledge of the organization's current and future needs. The
candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, reviewing
business and technical requirements, focusing on solution
development throughout the project life cycle, supporting
development and testing activities, evangelizing best practices and
proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns.
The candidate will promote the use of Corporate IT standards, and
will create architectures and designs, and will develop
As a Solution Architect, you can expect to:
• Create logical architecture reflecting the business capabilities
of the solution.
• Work with infrastructure team to create physical architecture of
• Assist business architect in creation of E2E business process
flow for the application/use case.
• Experience creating architecture notebook which includes DB
design and required design and architecture artifacts.
• Evangelize and articulate cloud, integration, microservices and
other architecture principles, benefits and technical solutions to
senior level business and technical audiences.
• Translate strategies into target architectures and roadmaps;
articulate and evangelize design/architectural road maps.
• Architect the solution to meet the non-functional
• Collaborate with enterprise architects, data architects,
infrastructure architects, security architects and cloud architects
in defining the solutions.
• Refine and/or redesign and develop reference architecture to meet
the organization’s changing business requirements.
• Implement new solution architecture in a large enterprise
environment and drive adoption with an understanding of security
• Participate in architecture definition for Cloud Initiatives
utilizing industry best practices and technologies
• Able to engage in production issues to provide short- and
long-term solutions to mitigate the impact to clients.
• Drive efficiency improvements to reduce cost and improve client
• Lead the development of current "as is" and future "to be"
architecture documentation and drive strategic plan for
• Provide hands-on designs, prototypes, and implementations
incorporating architecture & software engineering best
• Learn and analyze current industry technology trends, best
practices and patterns.
• Evaluate tools, technologies and POCs related to new
• Account for possible project challenges on constraints including,
risks, time, resources and scope.
• Analyze current technologies used within the company and
determine ways to improve.
• Identify issues or disruptive technologies within it.
• Work closely with project management and teams to successfully
monitor progress of initiatives
• Define clear goals for all aspects of end to end solution for a
project and manage their proper execution from architecture and
• Maintain an understanding of how individual work and decisions
fit into broader organizational picture
• Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or related
• 15+ Years of related experience in Java technology.
• Hand on experience in DB design as part of solution.
• Hand on experience with UI frameworks leveraging responsive
• Experience in working on E2E solution.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes
a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
options. We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being
programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education,
preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you
where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t
thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that
moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE
Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive
year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your
Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it
is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin,
veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to
perform the essential functions of the job with or without
reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected