General Laborer: Omaha, NE (Full-line)
Company: Packaging Corporation of America
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA)
is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging
business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers - large
and small - package, transport and display products of all kinds.
Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing
the highest level of customer service and operational excellence.
We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100
locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs
of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our
customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that
exceed expectations for performance and environmental
People --- Customers --- Trust
We are seeking applicants for General Laborer positions for 2nd and
3rd shift in our Omaha, Nebraska facility.
* Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation
with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and
* Assume active role in overall plant and facilities-related work.
Position requires assisting all jobs on the plant floor.
* Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out
* Maintain shop and shop equipment per 5S Standards.
* Other duties as assigned.
* May be required to stack parts up to 30 lbs. for a period of up
to 12 hours.
* High School Graduate or GED.
* Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
* Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
* Must be willing to work the second and third shift.
* Must have a good attendance record.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment is
* Possess an understanding that temperatures and volumes of work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Must be willing to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other
* Ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential
* Excellent communication skills.
* Thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
* Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other
Keywords: Packaging Corporation of America, Omaha , General Laborer: Omaha, NE (Full-line), Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!