Capital Improvements Coordinator
Company: The Omaha Housing Authority
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Capital Improvements Coordinator The Omaha Housing Authority The
Omaha Housing Authority is a Non-Profit Government Agency based in
Omaha. The OHA contracts with HUD to provide low and
moderate-income individuals with safe and sanitary housing through
rent subsidies and administers over 2700 public housing units and
over 3700 Section 8 units. Core Values
- We are Welcoming
- We Actively Listen
- We are Diverse, Inclusive & Equitable
- We are Exceptional
- We Practice Self Care
- We Share Power
- We Practice De-Escalation
- We are a Team Benefits The Omaha Housing Authority offers an
exceptional benefits package for full-time employees that includes
medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; retirement and 457
compensation; 12 days of vacation that begin on your date of hire;
and 17 paid holidays, including your birthday, a floating holiday,
and a self-care day. For information on Omaha Housing Authority,
including more information on employee benefits and our company
culture, visit our website at Salary Range $49,985 - $72,480 Job
Function The Capital Improvement Coordinator works as part of a
team to plan and carry out development/construction projects to
improve public housing properties. This position is responsible to
plan, organize, manage and monitor assigned Capital Improvement
budgets, work items, and projects. Assist with the development and
coordination of the agency's Capital Fund Five Year Plan and Annual
Statement. Prepare schedules and develop timelines for the Capital
Fund operations and manage the overall progress to ensure work is
performed in accordance with established agency 5-year plan and
completed in the designated timeframe. Maintains reporting methods
to monitor property needs for dwellings, non-dwelling locations and
non-dwelling equipment and available funds for these projects.
Coordinates all professional services required to complete the
project planning process through the bidding phase. Essential
- Assist with the evaluation of the physical condition and needs
of existing locations for the purpose of determining construction
and/or renovation requirements and ensuring compliance with plans,
specifications and local codes and ordinance. This includes review
of physical needs assessments.
- Assist in development and implementation of Capital Improvement
- Coordinate the activities of Architectural / Engineering and
other consulting contracts with OHA staff and residents necessary
to complete the planning process and to deliver projects ready for
implementation / construction.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of procurement documents
necessary to carry out assigned Capital Improvement Plans.
- Prepare periodic reports relating to assigned budgets,
contracts, HUD Reports and assigned duties and
- Develop accurate bid specifications; attends pre-bid and
pre-construction conferences; analyzes bids and makes sound
recommendations to stakeholders regarding awarding of contracts
consistent with Agency standards and goals.
- Monitor and prioritize projects in need of repair or renovation
as additional funds become available.
- Assure OHA Policies, HUD Regulations, and Federal guidelines
are met during all phases of work performed under Capital
Improvement and Development Programs or during contract
- Confer with stakeholders to resolve problems and suggest
changes in work being completed by OHA Consultants / Contractors or
assigned OHA employees. Additional Responsibilities
- May make presentations to resident or community groups as
- May provide assistance in other areas as required.
- Workload may require evening and weekend work hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned by executive management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Construction
Management, Urban Planning, Public Administration or Real Estate
Development or related field.
- Five (5) years' experience as a Planner or Project Manager for
real estate rehabilitation or any combination of education,
training, and experience that provides the required knowledge and
- Experience with the Capital Fund Program, procurement and
contracting, basic construction knowledge and some knowledge of the
general operations and procedures of a Public Housing Agency is
- Ability to interpret budgets and skills to use spreadsheets to
monitor project progress.
- Knowledge of building maintenance as well as building codes and
State and Local regulations regarding building standards.
- Must be knowledgeable of OHA and federal procurement policies
- Ability to read blueprints, engineering drawings and similar
types of technical documents.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to track
and document, in detail, multiple simultaneous projects.
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Strong
decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and have the ability to
drive an automobile and be insurable under the OHA Auto Insurance
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through use of
appropriate computer, general office equipment and other resources
- Must participate in training opportunities and seminars
relevant to this position.
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office Software including
SharePoint and Access.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers, consultants, contractors, HUD,
local, state, federal officials; ability to communicate with people
from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds. OHA is Committed
to Equal Opportunity Omaha Housing Authority is an equal
opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: The Omaha Housing Authority, Omaha , Capital Improvements Coordinator, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!