Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Night Stocker FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 03/2011
Unloads product, opens containers, stocks shelves, and rotates
product where necessary.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director;
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant
Managers; Night Stock Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customer's names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
* Escorting them to the products they are looking for
* Securing products that are out of reach
* Loading or unloading heavy items
* Making note of passing along customer suggestions or requests
* Performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
5. Answers the telephone promptly when called upon and provides
friendly helpful service to customers who call.
6. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
7. Unloads trucks, opens containers, stocks shelves, runs overstock
on risers and rotates product.
8. Monitors for miss-picked items, reviews product outs, wrong
9. Organizes stock for greatest efficiency, cleans and restocks
10. Tags the shelves with overstock in the back room and understock
11. Reports all new or different items for the scanning coordinator
for input into the system.
12. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
13. Adheres to company policies and individual store
14. Reports to work when scheduled, on time, and works the
scheduled number of hours.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
2. Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience. Six months or less of similar
or related work experience.
* Must be able to physically perform very heavy work, exerting in
excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, in excess of 50 pounds
of force frequently, and in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly
to move objects.
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
* Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
* Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving
fractions, decimals, and percentages.
* Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
This position is exposed to dirt, noise, equipment movement hazard,
and chemicals/solvents daily. This position is also occasionally
exposed to temperature extremes and the potential for electrical
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Power jack, compactor, order machine, check register, fork lift,
scales, and Tomra machines.
Responsible for supplies, stock, and for checking the cooler.
Has daily contact with community or trade/professional
organizations, suppliers/vendors, and customers.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Omaha , Night Stocker, Other , Atlantic, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!