$17.50+ Care Partner
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Overview:The primary role of the Care Partner - Memory Support
position is to provide Christ-centered support and assistance to
residents allowing them to enjoy their highest level of
independence while receiving the necessary care and service to meet
their changing needs. The Care Partner - AL provides resident care
services and administration of medications which includes charting,
reporting and monitoring resident's condition. The Care Partner -
AL is required to be Certified Nurse Assistant/Aide and Certified
Medication Aide in addition to their responsibilities. Supports and
lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Offers resident assistance in personal care, health maintenance and
daily activities of living such as bathing, grooming, dressing,
transfers, ambulation, toileting and serving of meals and
- Provides assistance to and from activities, appointments in
accordance with service agreement while encouraging as much
independence as appropriate for each individual.
- Administers medication as requested by the resident and in
accordance with Iowa/Nebraska regulations governing the provision
of medications by the Medication Aide-40/50 hour certification.
Performs accurate reporting and documentation in the electronic
health care software using established procedures, policies and
standards of Immanuel and State guidelines. Information may
include, but is not limited to vital signs, weight, behavior and
- Documents resident incidents, accidents, emergencies or unusual
behavior. Completes administrative duties required or as requested
such as copying and faxing.
Maintains a safe and clean environment.
- Follows procedures for proper equipment use, infection control,
disaster plans, per policy and regulatory guidelines.
Maintain registry requirements as determined by the medication act
and Iowa/Nebraska Assisted Living Regulations including education
hours, in-services, and/or reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current license as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the
respective state in which he/she is employed required.
- Minimum 18 years of age according to Nebraska state regulation
and current Medication Aide-40 Hour on the Medication Aide Registry
is required if working in the state of Nebraska.
- Current Medication Aide-50 Hour if working in the state of
- One (1) year of general work experience is required.
- Work-related experience is desired.Other Requirements-
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and
up-to-date immunizations before having direct resident
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current certification or ability to
obtain certification within 60 days of hire is required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of
the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Ability to prepare and administer medication and treatments
accurately and timely.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in a care
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with residents, co-workers, family members, and
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and
how to use and maintain them.
- Ability to appropriately use equipment, facilities, and
materials to do certain work.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Medical Records.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of
high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; clear and concise,
make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and
diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity
- Ability to work shifts as posted and/or required.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet,
email, Microsoft Office).MPI500J
Keywords: Immanuel, Omaha , $17.50+ Care Partner , Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!