Sterile Processing Tech I
Company: CHI Health Immanuel
Posted on: May 16, 2022
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community. -Eligible for New
Hire $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!!!*Speak to a recruiter regarding
incentive eligibility, requirements, and restrictions for new hire
employees and current employees accepting a promotion.
Job Summary / PurposeSterile Processing Technicians are responsible
for cleaning, assembly, and sterilization of instrumentation from
all areas of the hospital. They pick up and deliver as needed
following AAMI, OSHA, and Joint Commission recommendations for
identifying contaminated and clean items. They may assist with case
cart assembly and OR room turnover. Technicians contribute to the
department goals through quality services.Essential Key Job
- Responsible for cleaning, inspecting, processing, assembling,
and sterilization of all instruments and equipment following
Policy/Procedure, Industry Standards, and manufacturer Instructions
for Use (IFU).
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows OSHA requirements
at all time.
- Assists with daily/weekly testing and logging of all mechanical
equipment, including but not limited to Mechanical Washers, Sonic,
- Maintains accurate and legible documentation.
- Assists with the routine maintenance of instrumentation by
identification of items needing repair.
- Follows procedure for set assembly utilizing Instrument
Checklists and/or Instrument Tracking where available.
- Where applicable:
- - - - - Completes case cart assembly by adding needed
instrumentation to the case cart.
- - - - - Assist with OR Room Turnover
- - - - Cleaning and HLD of GI Scopes, Bronchoscopes, TEE
- Uses supplies (wrap, containers, chemicals, etc.) efficiently,
correctly, and according to IFU.
- Participates in Department activities including, but not
limited to, Orientation, System Education, Quality, Daily Briefing
& Supply needs.
Education -Required: - High school diploma -Experience: -*One (1)
Year of applicable experience, determined by facility
-OR-*Successful completion of a Sterile Processing Tech or Surgical
Tech Program from an accredited school.
Keywords: CHI Health Immanuel, Omaha , Sterile Processing Tech I, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!