Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Jet Linx Aviation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The accounts payable specialist is responsible for handling all
vendor payments and other financial liabilities for Jet Linx. While
the primary function is to make payments, the accounts payable
specialist is also responsible for keeping precise records of
payments made and owed and must work collaboratively with other
accounting team members to perform audits of all transactions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving,
processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing
system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing
invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying
federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving
purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and
requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid
- Protects organization's value by keeping information
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing
related results as needed.
- Demonstrate Jet Linx's core values and "Supply the High" in all
- Other related duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills &
Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
to effectively interact with all levels of the company and its
Ability to work both independently and as part of team
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Green Plains (or other
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention
to detail and organizational skills
Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive
Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and
Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative to research and
Ability to multi-task and complete work within assigned timelines
under minimal supervision
Operate office equipment as neededEducation and Work
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field a
Previous accounts payable experience requiredPhysical
Majority of work is completed in a normal office work
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
Able to complete physical activities such as standing, sitting,
walking, talking, and hearing to perform daily work functions
Must be able to move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis
Keywords: Jet Linx Aviation, Omaha , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!