Company: Briggs Inc of Omaha
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description:JOB OBJECTIVE: Deliver material to customer shops
and job sites in a safe and prompt manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections to comply
with Department of Transportation (DOT) safety regulations as
- Maintain truck for safe operation, cleanliness and proper
- Load and unload material on truck.
- Responsible securing material to truck before moving
- Check orders for accuracy.
- Develop efficient delivery route to deliver material to
customer shops and job sites.
- Communicate effectively with customers.
- Report problems with deliveries or material to Branch
- Responsible for notifying Branch Manager of any truck/equipment
failure or vehicle accidents.
- Train on the safe usage of warehouse equipment.
- Operate warehouse equipment, such as the forklift.
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of warehouse.
- Stock material in racks and bins when requested.
- Assist in pulling orders for delivery or shipping.
- Assist in receiving as needed.
- Assist in counting physical inventory
- Perform duties as requested by branch management. Assigned
responsibilities and duties may vary based upon branch size and
.Requirements:PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifting in excess of 20 - 50
pound objects constantly and in excess of 100 pound objects
occasionally is required. Climbing ladders, stairs, and ramps.
Balancing. Pushing and pulling. Crouching and kneeling. Grasping
objects. Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds with or without
VISION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum vision required to obtain Commercial
Driver's License (CDL) and to prevent injury to oneself and
JOB STANDARDS: Must comply with all OSHA regulations. Must maintain
the proper class of CDL. Must comply with all local and state
requirements concerning traffic safety and licensing and comply
with all DOT regulations. Abide by all policies, rules, and
regulations of Briggs Inc. including all applicable safety rules
and regulations. Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical
JOB LOCATION AND EXPOSURES: Activities occur inside and outside.
The associate is subject to the following conditions: extreme cold
and extreme heat temperatures; noise sufficient to cause the worker
to shout in order to be heard above noise level; vibrating
movements of extremities or whole body; hazards such as moving
mechanical parts, electrical currents, working in high places, and
exposure to chemicals; atmospheric conditions that affect
respiratory system or the skin; and oils.
EQUIPMENT USED: Delivery truck, forklift, hand truck, order picker,
tow motor, shrink wrap machine, pallet jack, dock loader, cherry
pickers, band machine, wire cutter, band cutter, razor cutter, tape
gun, rolling ladder, lift gate, and staple gun.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: Attendance on a regular, consistent basis
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant experience or training, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to
accept direction on given assignments.
- Daily contact with customers requiring courtesy, discretion,
and sound judgment.
Keywords: Briggs Inc of Omaha, Omaha , Route Driver, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!