Cloud Ops Administrator-remote from NE, MN or SC
Company: Oriental Trading Company, A Berkshire Hathaway Com
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Cloud Ops Administrator - remote working opportunity
This is a remote working opportunity, but you must live in
Nebraska, Minnesota or South Carolina (no exceptions).
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:As our Cloud Ops Administrator, you will
be responsible for the Cloud Ops Admin part of the OTC network team
with primary focus on maintaining corporate LAN, WAN,
telecommunication, and data center systems with a secondary focus
on cloud network technologies in AWS.Essential Functions:
- Support and maintain corporate network infrastructure and
telecommunication systems by responding to support requests,
tickets, and outages.
- Design, configure and maintain AWS network objects and services
such as Route 53, Gateway Load Balancers, Transit Gateways, VPCs,
route tables and cloud-based Palo Alto firewalls.
- Provide recommendations to improve stability and performance of
- Ability to implement cloud-based architecture based on network
diagrams and configurations - specific to AWS
- Assists in keeping documentation of Network environment
current. Including but not limited to Network diagrams o
- Provide training and support to other IT teams and users.
- Work with contractors to obtain bids on large cabling jobs and
oversee through completion.
- Work with Facilities on remodel and cubicle arrangement
planning to ensure all cabling requirements are met; including
removal and disposal of unused or abandoned cabling.
- Read blueprints to determine cabling requirements.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading
- Some work may require in-person collaboration among colleagues
and contractors.Here's what you need to join the fun:
- Experience, knowledge or training in AWS network configuration
and topologies preferred.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network switching,
routing, Wi-Fi and firewalls in a multi-vendor environment
including Cisco, Palo Alto, Brocade/Ruckus and F5 Networks.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot complex, high density
wireless environments specific to corporate and warehouse
- Knowledge of network monitoring systems and protocols such as
NetFlow, SNMP, syslog, and SolarWinds.
- Knowledge of VoIP telephony protocols, devices and
- Experience with structured network cabling/fiber standards,
terminations, design, troubleshooting and installation.
- Ability to troubleshoot network performance and connectivity
issues using packet captures/analyzers, flow data and analysis
- Experience with e-Commerce network environments,
troubleshooting and workflows preferred.
- Understanding of network protocols and the Open Systems
Interconnection Model layers a plus.
- Experience and understanding of IPv4 subnetting, addressing
plans and routing required.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associates certification
- An Associate's degree in a computer-related field or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Current or previous network certification preferred.
- Minimum two years' experience in medium to large network
- Experience with high density Wi-Fi deployments preferred.
- Preferred two years' experience working with AWS networking
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to walk frequently, use elevators, climb open
grate stairways and ladders
- Participates in scheduled on-call duties: Must be available 24
hours/day to receive calls from Operators / Users, investigate and
All work and no play just isn't our style. Join us today!
(Externals)To apply in less than ten minutes click the "Apply"
button or view a complete list of our current openings at
(Internals)To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
- Click on the "Home" tab
- Click on "Current Job Opportunities"ATTENTION: If you are
creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and
then login with your new user when prompted to complete the
Oriental Trading Company (a Berkshire Hathaway company) is the
nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies,
arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of
teaching supplies and affordable home d--cor and giftware. Founded
in 1932 by a Japanese American, the Oriental Trading' history of
fun spans the better part of the last century. Today, Oriental
Trading offers more than 60,000 products to individuals, teachers,
schools, churches, businesses and nonprofits. With a corporate
vision to "Make Life More Fun," Oriental Trading spreads joy and
smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands;
orientaltrading.com, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris
Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.EOE
Keywords: Oriental Trading Company, A Berkshire Hathaway Com, Omaha , Cloud Ops Administrator-remote from NE, MN or SC, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!