Welder -2nd Shift
Company: Precision Pulley and Idler
Posted on: August 6, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to
be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be
required and assigned.
More specifically, the employee owner will:
* Perform all jobs in the department.
* Roll bar per wing tech standards.
* Grind and smooth all OD welds.
* Install and weld spiral bar per the tech. standard or
* Produce finished pulleys.
* Weld seam with proper penetration, appearance and quantity,
according to company and customer specifications.
* Install reinforcement rings in pulleys.
* Stamp order numbers onto pulleys.
* Continually participate in additional training related to the
* The ability to adjust the welder for different weld types and
* Assure parts and components are accurate according to company
and/or customer specifications using measuring devices including
but not limited to micrometer, caliper, tape measure, and dial
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance including but not
limited to wing line.
* Perform routine housekeeping including but not limited to
sweeping, moping, and cleaning tools and machines.
* Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task
assignments in the work area.
* Regular, consistent attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Use and understand various paperwork including but not limited to
bill of lading, prints, schedules, packing lists, and shipping
* Operate various tools, machines, and stations including but not
limited to oval weld, mig weld, hub weld, jig, torch, sub arc,
gusset, seam weld, and hand arc.
* Use and understand various paperwork including: schedules,
prints, and tech standards.
* Possess strong math along with written and verbal communication
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively, multitask
accurately, and execute successfully
* High level of time management and attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and with tight
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE - COMPUTER SKILLS
* High school diploma or a general education degree (GED); or
* One to three months related experience and/or training; or
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
TRAINING - CERTIFICATIONS - LICENSES
* Forklift license
* Welding certificate
To perform this position successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following work competencies:
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves issues in a timely
* Communication Skills - Speaks clearly, listens and receives
clarification, responds to questions.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction, and takes responsibility.
* Quality Assurance - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Ethics/Professionalism - Treats people with respect; works
ethically and with integrity.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
* Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
uses equipment properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this position, the employee:
* Must be able to frequently stoop/bend.
* Must be able to regularly stand and walk.
* Must be able to regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel,
reach with hands and arms, hear, talk, lift and/or move up to 50
pounds, and repetitively uses right and left hands for simple/light
* Must be able to hear customers, alarms of equipment, and to hear
instructions from others,
* Must be able to talk and effectively communicate,
* Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds of equipment
with a hoist or lift available.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close,
distance, color, depth perception, peripheral vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
* Specific hearing abilities required
* The noise level in the work environment is usually LOUD.
* Steel toe shoes, safety glasses, gloves, welding helmet, welding
coat, welding chaps, and earplugs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee owner for this
job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.
Precision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities and encourage prospective and current employee owners
to discuss potential accommodations with Precision, Inc.
Keywords: Precision Pulley and Idler, Omaha , Welder -2nd Shift, Other , Stanton, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!