Insurance Support Specialist
Company: Frontier Farm Credit
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We are hiring a Crop Insurance Support Specialist to join our
crop insurance team. This position may be based in Omaha, NE or may
work out of one of our nearby retail offices. The Crop Insurance
Support Specialist role is ideal for those who have a passion for
serving production agriculture, are driven to deliver exceptional
customer service and value being part of a collaborative team. In
this role, you will serve as the primary contact for agents to
assist with policy questions regarding Risk Management Agency (RMA)
crop insurance rule interpretation and processes, and responsible
for the timely communication of regulatory, technology and form
changes. You ll also consult with Approved Insurance Providers
(AIPs) regarding complex compliance and claim issues, advise and
ensure agents are meeting state and federal licensing requirements,
coordinate agent license appointments and cancellations while
ensuring continuing education requirements are updated with AIPs.
Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to
work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with
each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving
both rural America and each other is key to our success in the
marketplace. Key Responsibilities
- Assist agents with reviewing and providing guidance to address
and resolve policy issues including errors and omissions
situations, policy and rule clarification, coverage questions, and
complete APH reviews to identify potential coverage gaps and
opportunities for prospect sales conversations.
- Research, identify and interpret regulatory, technology and
form changes received from various sources including insurance
regulators, bulletins, and AIPs.
- Identify and timely communicate the impact and extent of
changes to insurance team members and other teams within
- Create and build relationships with external industry contacts
including AIPs and RMA to consult and seek clarification on policy
interpretation, rule changes, policy issues, and claim
- Utilize and become proficient in accessing various crop
insurance resources including the Crop Insurance Handbook, General
Standards Handbook, Loss Adjustment Manual, policy provisions,
actuarials and other Risk Management Agency (RMA) publications to
clarify, interpret and provide direction on policy questions.
- Identify training gaps and assist with the development and
delivery of training materials, weekly insurance tidbits or other
communications for insurance team members.
- Develop, coordinate feedback from insurance team members and
assist with the creation of content for insurance customer
communications including postcards, newsletters, external website
and other marketing resources.
- Create, maintain and organize insurance processes, procedures
and other resources and guides to ensure consistency, efficiency
and standard processes and tools are available and utilized across
the insurance agency.
- Maintain centralized portal and resources including insurance
knowledge base and insurance SharePoint for easy access and
- Serve as business and product owner for insurance technology
and reports including AgentPro and Optimum.
- Maintain and provide input on technology and report issues and
- Assist with training and providing technical support to agents
and ensuring agent access to technology is current and valid.
- Complete audits to ensure imported data is accurate for
business portfolio analysis and incentive plan payouts.
- Advise, coordinate and complete the appointments and
cancellations for all licensed agents with AIPs to ensure state and
federal licensing requirements are met.
- Maintain license, continuing education, testing, and compliance
records for appointed agents and ensure AIPs have up-to-date
records for valid appointments.
- Perform special studies, research projects and insurance agency
acquisition implementation as assigned by Insurance
- 5+ years crop insurance industry experience and a solid
understanding of crop insurance regulations, rules, policies, and
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Finance, or Agricultural
Economics is preferred.
Keywords: Frontier Farm Credit, Omaha , Insurance Support Specialist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!