Sterile Processing Associate
Company: Nebraska Medicine
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we
are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to
our patients and their families. Please note that this position may
require an assessment after completion of the application. Please
plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)Sterile Processing
- Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 7:30pm
- Provide an essential role in patient safety and infection
control by insuring surgical instruments and equipment is
decontaminated, reprocessed and maintained. Operate several types
of surgical instruments, sterilizers and decontamination equipment.
Provide support to the Perioperative services staff and serves as a
liaison to surgical specialty services for the
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Written and verbal communication skills required.Preferred
- Sterile processing experience or surgical technologist training
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Aptitude for electronics troubleshooting preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Knowledge of approximately 3,000 surgical instruments and
specialty surgical instrument sets preferred.
- Experience using Steam, Ethelene Oxide, and Hydrogen Peroxide
Gas Plasma sterilization chambers; PC, laser printer, bar code
scanner, bar code printer; Sonic Irrigator; Washer/Decontamination
Vessels; Heat Sealer; Biological Autoreader; and Nitrogen Tank
preferred. Why Nebraska Medicine: Our shared values reflect who we
are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork,
Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution,
PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future
for all individuals and communities through premier educational
programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top
employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national
origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity and protected veterans' status.
Keywords: Nebraska Medicine, Omaha , Sterile Processing Associate, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!