Paraprofessional, Resource (Starts at: $15.17 per hour)
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: September 24, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - Special Education Resource
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:The Resource Paraprofessional's primary
responsibilities include assisting the classroom teacher(s) and
other support personnel with instruction. The Paraprofessional also
helps monitor student progress and performance by collecting data
and maintaining records. MINIMUM JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS
- An Associates degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72
quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated
proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading,
writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student and
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, twist, balance, stoop, climb
steps and reach overheadQUALIFICATIONS
- Committed to helping all children learn - assist students and
reinforce learning concepts for individual or small groups
- Willingness to participate in professional development and
- Regular daily attendance is essential
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness
- Ability to work with diverse populations and handle situations
with tact and diplomacy
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers
in a friendly and professional manner
- Possess the manual dexterity, physical ability and stamina for
a full day of various physical activity OTHER INFORMATION: Reports
to: Building PrincipalWork Schedule: 6.5 hours per day, Monday
through Friday, 10 Month, Non-ExemptSalary: Wages are administered
consistent with negotiated agreement or board adopted salary
schedule. JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to
reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and
outlined by certified staff.
- Observe and record behavior, as well as assist in the
utilization of behavior modfication techniques designed by the
- Develop and maintain a professional rapport with classroom
teacher and other staff.
- Assist students at arrival and dismissal of school.
- Assist in the supervision of students during lunch and recess
- Assist with grading and reviewing homework as instructed by the
- Assist teachers in monitoring, collecting data and maintaining
records regarding student performance and progress.
- Ability to perform routine classroom management and maintenance
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods
and recess periods.
- Ability to organize and retrieve materials and organize
schedules according to guidelines.
- Knowledge of computers with the ability to assist students with
educational technology to include software.
- Performs other duties as assigned Terms of EmploymentThis
position is treated as a full-time non-exempt classified position.
The terms of your employment will be governed by applicable state
laws regulating employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of
Education policies, as those laws and policies may change from time
to time. If your position is represented by a collective bargaining
representative, then your employment will also be governed by a
negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining
representative. The offer of employment is contingent upon:
- Obtaining and providing verification of all licenses,
certificates, and other requirements for the position (e.g.,
Paraprofessionals obtaining Highly Qualified status, etc.), as
identified and maintaining all licenses, certificates, and
requirements for your position throughout employment.
- A background check which demonstrates to OPS that background is
acceptable for the position.
- Verification of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work
in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (if
required for position offered).
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required
for position offered).
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination
to determine ability to safely and effectively perform the
essential functions of the position.Omaha public schools does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual
orientation, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity,
gender expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political
affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities,
employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other
designated youth groups. The following individual has been
designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination
policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215
Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. ) The Omaha Public School District
is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in
its services, programs, activities, education and employment for
individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation
in the application process please contact the human resources
department at .
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Paraprofessional, Resource (Starts at: $15.17 per hour), Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!