Tire and Oil Service Assistant
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Location: Student Tranportation, 3833 North 72nd St., Omaha, NE
68131 Reports to: Director of Student Transportation Work Schedule:
12-months Salary Schedule: 85D Hours to Work: 8 hours
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous tire shop experience preferred (1-3 years).
- A valid Driver's License (CDL license preferred) and a good
- Ability to meet District insurability requirements.
- Ability to engage in physical activities (frequently exerting
force equal to lifting 50 to 100 pounds), as well as body mobility
which allows worker to stand, walk, climb, stoop and maintain
- Ability to safely operate tire changing and repairing machines
for large truck tires as well as smaller automotive type
- Ability to properly operate tire balancing machine.
- Ability to evaluate all tires in the fleet and update as
necessary per guidelines on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to maintain an accurate inventory of tires in
- Ability to lubricate and change oil on all types of vehicles as
well as take oil samples for lab testing.
- Ability to discern potential problems by visual inspection as
vehicles are service and report them as necessary to
- Ability to do light mechanical work as assigned by
- Ability to courteously and effectively communicate and maintain
positive working relationships with fellow employees.
- Satisfactory previous work and attendance record.
- Ensure that all tires on all vehicles are within set guidelines
for wear at all times.
- Repair, mount and dismount all tires for the fleet.
- Maintain adequate and accurate inventory of tires in stock at
all times in cooperation with other personnel involved.
- Change oil and lubricate all vehicles in the fleet and draw
samples of select vehicles oil for lab testing.
- Light mechanical work as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned. NOTE: The statements herein are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Tire and Oil Service Assistant, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!