Operator - Omaha On-call nights as needed 11p-7a
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: September 24, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: Operator I Job Code: 880052 Immediate
Supervisor: Telecommunications Manager Status: Non-exempt At
Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable
innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class
research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all
patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex
challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent,
groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing
the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles
and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could
not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when
they hear: -- Now You Can!--
We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals
who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part
of something meaningful!
I. DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW Responsible for assuring
quality daily operation of the facility's telephone switchboard and
assisting with the mail room operations. Responsible for assisting
in quality service delivery and internal and external customer
relations for Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital as a whole, including
upholding the mission and values of the facility. II. ESSENTIAL
- Follow Operational Definitions to ensure adequate and quality
implementation of efficient telephone services and support to all
Madonna employees and customers.
- Operate the switchboard in a manner that will ensure adequate
and quality support of all incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
This will include the use of the computer and automated equipment
associated with the telephone system console.
- Maintain adequate equipment, supplies, and preventative
- Assist in the processing of all incoming and outgoing mail.
This includes placing the mail in the sorting bins, using the
postage meter, and forwarding patient mail as required. On evenings
and weekends it will require the delivery of often heavy mail sacks
to the front entrance for pick-up by the post office. Occasionally
pushing the mail cart for delivery may be needed.
- Prepare daily activity reports on switchboard and mail room
- Maintain interdepartmental communication and participate in
Communication and Information System staff activities.
- Log and summarize postage usage daily.
- Process Business Reply Mail and maintain the log book for all
- Deliver printed charge cards for MRSH patients to Purchasing by
7:00 a.m. daily.
- Analyze, coordinate, all direct or forward mail which has
"Special Handling" requests made either by the family or facility
for all patients.
- Presort and bundle mail for the post office to get reduced
rates. This will include the handling of packages and bundles as
- Operate and maintain copier and FAX machines and supplies.
- Maintain a log of all repairs and problems with the postage
meters, FAX machines, Copiers, and other equipment.
- Communicate to facility, over the intercom, announcements
pertinent to the days activities, any emergencies that occur, i.e.,
fire procedure, code orange, etc.
- Scan or manually enter charge cards for patient charges.
- Create, type and route various reports to support the entire
- Adhere to all off-hour established help desk procedures when
contacting the help desk after hours.
- Maintain a log of specialized equipment checked out for patient
- Interact with staff and other departments in a friendly,
- Must perceive customer relations as a primary focus to the
department and continually strive to satisfy the needs of every
customer in all areas of the work force.
- Mentor, and self initiate inquiry and learning of additional
knowledge, in telephone communications and personal computers.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe environment. Handles and
operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties
according to established safety standards to maintain compliance
with regulations and prevent injury. III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS Sedentary work - Requires adequate vision
to read handwritten numbers/material and computer printouts, and
must be able to view the computer screen a good part of the day.
Must possess adequate hearing and speech to answer the telephone
and communicate efficiently with others about telephone needs and
answer questions. Must be able to cope with stress of deadlines and
working in a small, physically close and fast paced office. There
will be the need for an occasional extended day. This position
physically demands much sitting, some walking, stooping and lifting
(up to 30 pounds). IV. QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or
Experience) EDUCATION - Preferred High School equivalency.
EXPERIENCE - Preferred Telephone switchboard experience, preferably
on a Cisco Call Manager system. SKILLS - Required Proficient typing
skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong
interpersonal skills, able to elicit cooperation. Must have good
grammar, spelling and organization skills. PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE
N/A CPR MODULE N/A Background checks are conducted. When specific
authorization forms are requested so that full background and
history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW YOU CAN:
Turn your work into your life-- s mission. See first-hand impact on
members and their families. Learn new skills and advance your
career. Love your job and your team. Go home at the end of the day
knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK:
VIRTUAL TOUR: .
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Omaha , Operator - Omaha On-call nights as needed 11p-7a, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!