Family Support Worker
Company: NOVA Treatment Community, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
If you are looking to gain experience in social work, NOVA
Treatment Community has the perfect job for you. NOVA TC currently
has part time positions for Family Support Workers. This position
schedule is flexible and includes working weekdays, weekends and
evenings. The Family Support Worker works directly with families to
strengthen the family and prevent family dissolution, or
facilitates the return of children who have been placed out of home
using the ecological approach of hte interdependence of thie child,
family and broader community environment. Required Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related
- Two years experience working with children and families
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to discern
- Ability to keep complete and accurate records.
- Knowledge of the theories of early child growth and
- Ability to manage crisis situations.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Acquire and maintain certification in First Aid and
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Valid driver s license three points or less and a driving
record that meets agency insurance standards.
- Have and maintain the minimum automobile liability and medical
insurance coverage as required by law. Major Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with families
to help them cope more effectively with the stresses of daily like
by the introduction of new support systems, and by connecting them
to community resources.
- Coordinate times, locations and dates of family support
- Provide transportation when necessary help the family meet
stated family support goals.
- Teach and model parenting skills using an evidence based model.
Provide introduction of parent-directed activities including daily
living activities such as curfew, consequences and chores.
- Provide written progress notes to report the progress of the
family towards stated goals.
- Be on time for family support sessions.
- Attend family team meetings and actively participate with the
family team. Family Support Worker omaha family support jobs
Keywords: NOVA Treatment Community, Inc., Omaha , Family Support Worker, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!