Project Leader - Continuous Improvement
Company: Creighton University
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Creighton, you are part of something big. Your skills and
passions unite with thousands of faculty, staff and students
inspired to change the world. Here, we offer meaningful work driven
by a 475-year-old Jesuit tradition committed to social justice and
serving others. We are looking for a Senior Continuous Improvement
Project Leader to support continuous improvement projects across
This role supports continuous improvement projects that will
transform business divisions across Creighton University utilizing
standard organizational development and process improvement tools
as well as reaching across methodologies to devise a best-fit
engagement for current employees. In this role, you ll serve as a
trusted advisor to university organizations, including maintaining
a collaborative working relationship with faculty and staff leaders
and providing expert guidance in the understanding and delivery of
As a Continuous Improvement Project Leader, you will
- Deeply understand the needs of business units, stakeholder
groups, and sponsors by using active listening skills and
facilitated activities such as Voice of Customer, Empathy Mapping,
- Take an expert/consultative approach when working with business
units to design an engagement strategy driven by understanding the
business needs and desired outcomes.
- Design and facilitate sessions to support leaders in building
clearly articulated mission, vision, operating principles, and
customer/partner listening strategies.
- Collaborate with business units and stakeholders to implement
systems and process improvements, resulting in increased
- Manage financial proformas for large scale projects.
- Utilize established tools and resources to help leaders think
and work through each step of a business transformation
- Manage portfolios of work to include project management, change
management, program management and process improvement.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholder and support teams to
ensure successful execution of work portfolio.
- Approach transformation through a systems thinking lens,
bringing in the right stakeholders and subject matter experts to
explore program dependencies and success criteria.
- Create content and lead executive level and inclusive trainings
and lunch and learns, in a hybrid environment.
- Lead teams of various sizes through process improvement efforts
from understanding current state and root cause analysis through
future state design utilizing Lean tools and methods such as Value
Stream Mapping, Kaizens, Visual Management, FMEA, etc.
- Take a collaborative approach to program management.
- Serve as a thinking partner to colleagues, stakeholders,
clients, and sponsors.
- Be a change leader throughout the organization.
- Experienced influencing teams of employees at all levels,
including salaried professionals and hourly employees with no
direct reporting relationships.
- 5+ years of experience in scientific problem solving and group
facilitation through the application of the following:
industry-based project management, change management, and/or
continuous improvement methodologies and tools .
- Strong leadership competencies and application of skills that
exhibit effective decision-making and strong emotional intelligence
to ensure successful implementation of projects .
- Bachelor s degree in business, industrial engineering, or other
relevant fields. MBA/MSc or other relevant advanced degree
- One or more of the following certifications/skillsets is
- Lean Six Sigma
- Change Management
Change the World From Here
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and
non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The
University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and
accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its
education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs,
and other programs and activities, are administered without
This description describes the general nature of work to be
performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties,
skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an
essential function and all employees are required to follow any
other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be
required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and
seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is
available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster
Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify
duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without
Keywords: Creighton University, Omaha , Project Leader - Continuous Improvement, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!