Paraprofessional - Title 1 Literacy
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position and pay rate starting August 2022 POSITION:
Paraprofessional, Title 1, Literacy QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have of 48 Semester or 72 Quarter college credit hours, an
Associates degree or a passing score on the Paraprofessional
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge in literacy and reading
strategies in elementary school setting.
- Committed to helping all children learn - assist students and
reinforce learning concepts for individual or small groups.
- Willingness to participate in professional development and
- Regular daily attendance is essential.
- Ability to speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and handle situations
with tact and diplomacy.
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers
in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student and
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, twist, balance, stoop, climb
steps and reach overhead.
- Possess the manual dexterity, physical ability and stamina for
a full day of various physical activity.
- Other duties as assigned. OTHER INFORMATION: Location: Kennedy
ElementaryReports to: Building PrincipalWork Schedule: 183 duty
daysHours to Work: 7.0 hours per day RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to
reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and
outlined by certified staff.
- Model appropriate behaviors for students.
- Develop and maintain a professional rapport with classroom
teacher and other staff.
- Assist students at arrival and dismissal of school.
- Assist in the supervision of students during lunch and recess
- Assist with grading and reviewing homework as instructed by the
- Assist teachers in monitoring, collecting data and maintaining
records regarding student performance and progress.
- Ability to perform routine classroom management and maintenance
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods
and recess periods.
- Ability to organize and retrieve materials and organize
schedules according to guidelines.
- Knowledge of computers with the ability to assist students with
educational technology to include software.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel. NOTE: The
statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Paraprofessional - Title 1 Literacy, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!