Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Location: Nebraska City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
PDS Tech Inc. is currently hiring for an Assembler to work at
the Nebraska City, NE Honeywell location.JOB SUMMARY:
- This position involves the production of all component parts,
assembly and forming of the semi-finished diaphragm. ESSENTIAL
- Visually inspect all materials and parts to ensure a quality
- Record scrap as required; dispose of scrap accordingly.
- Enter production counts in data collection as required.
- Schedule production as required.
- Set-up and use marker to identify and date parts as required in
- Clean up each area as required, at times using MEK.
- Do minor maintenance and adjustments as required on
- Cut, Glue, and Powder Area
- Manually load, set-up, and operate rubber cutter machine and
auto loop machines. Adjust machine for dimension. Stack cut rubber;
transport to glue table. Check seam and width with the use of the
mandrel and ruler.
- Prepare worktable for gluing operation. Must wear gloves. Twist
& place rubber on gluing fixture. Glue with hand activated air
brush; hang on rod.
- Place rubber around mandrel; use roller to press the seams.
Measure seams and width with ruler. Adjust mandrel. Transport to
- Auto Loop Machine: Manually load rubber and glue tape. Check
temperature and vacuum jars as required. Activate machine with
button; machine cycles. After "x" amount, transport to powder
table. Manual and automatic loops cannot be mixed. Stack and count
loops. Rotate racks to separate.
- Prepare worktable for powder operation. Separate rubber in
piles; powder seams with powder puff and place on rack. Make sure
seams are not sticky. Load/Unload Ovens
- Move racks in and out of oven according to type. Make sure oven
is programmed correctly. Operator must wear mittens when unloading
oven due to heat. Slit & Form Area
- Set-up, load, and operate auto slit & form machine. Set-up,
load, and operate manual rolling machines. Conduct quality checks
as required. Expanding Area
- Set-up work station. Chase semi-finished diaphragms. Turn oiler
on; activate alarms on oven. Manually oil machine. Replenish supply
of cotter pins and obtain a rack. Adjust knee button.
- Remove molds off oven conveyor, place on fixture; release lock
bar; collapse mold; remove springs; place diaphragm on spindle.
Reach for diaphragm from winding conveyor; place on mold; insert
springs; expand by activating knee button; use hands to smooth
over. Extreme caution is needed when pulling top and bottom ring
due to smash point. Replace lock bar; remove mold; hang on bake
- Place full spindle on rack. Document as required. Tear down and
fix expanders/loops. Push racks around as required.
- Do repair work and documentation when necessary.
- Tighten or replace screws on mold as required with a
screwdriver. Replace broken parts. Grease and oil mold when
required. Change molds as required.
- Conduct final inspection on diaphragms which may include
wrinkles, rubber cuts, skips, disks dented, pick-off, etc., that
may cause a leak. Winding Area
- Set-up automatic machine and workstation which includes getting
loops & racks.
- Reach for rings; place outside ring appropriately on chuck;
then add inside ring; then add loop with seam facing mirror.
Activate knee button to position loop; activate hand trips.
Visually inspect as required (cuts, skips, etc.); take finished
loop off chuck; hang on conveyor. Check tension as required. Punch
- Operate P-2 punch press; needs constant monitoring. Adjust
spray flow as required. Move skeleton metal and all hoppers when
- Check parts using required gages.
- Rotation is the ultimate goal of this cell. OTHER DUTIES:
- Maintain good housekeeping in the Meter Focus Factory.
- Perform other necessary operations needed to help the Meter
Focus Factory to run efficiently. Qualifications:
- An average degree of knowledge is required to do this
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to train new operators.
- Ability to carry out verbal and written instructions
independently and complete paperwork as required.
- Ability to make judgments based on judgmental criteria.
- Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of
feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoints.
- Ability to perform under stress when faced with emergency,
critical, or unusual situations.
- Adaptability to accept responsibility for the direction of the
cell. MANUAL SKILL:
- An average degree of manual skill is needed. Good dexterity,
combined with good coordination, is necessary. RESPONSIBILITY:
- An average degree of responsibility is required. The operators
in this position will be responsible to provide a defect free
product using proper safety and other departmental procedures.
Extreme caution is needed when pulling top bottom ring due to
'smash' point.PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status. Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of
the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices
nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Omaha , Assembler L2, Other , Nebraska City, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!