Reinf Irwkr I
Company: Zachry Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
REINF IRWKR I
Omaha, NE, US
Zachry is currently accepting applications for Industrial
Reinforced Ironworkers for new construction work at our OPPD TCS
project in Omaha Nebraska.
Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order
to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending
machines, and power hand tools
* Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete
forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, and hand tools.
* Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints,
using wire and pliers.
* Determine quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing
rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions.
* Cut rods to required lengths, using metal shears, hacksaws, bar
cutters, or acetylene torches.
* Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position
fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
* Place blocks under rebar to hold the bars off the deck when
* Bend steel rods with hand tools and rod-bending machines.
* Must have 4 years of experience as a Journeyman Reinforced
* Must possess all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions
* Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
* Must have all required tools.
* Must have reliable transportation.
Required knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Active Listening - Able to follow instructions. Giving full
attention to what other people are saying, taking the time to
understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate,
and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others'
* Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
* Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the
appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to
do certain work.
Preferred Additional Qualification
* Current Zachry or Zachry ROF'ed employee.
* Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
* Experience working as an Industrial Reinforced Ironworker.
Reports to Position
This position does not have any direct reports; however the
position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper
and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and
expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
Required Tools: list to be provided
* Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing,
walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
* Will talk and hear to communicate.
* Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and
pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
* May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
* Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may
occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the
appropriate fall protection requirements.
* Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat,
rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
* Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles,
ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves
and leather steel-toed work boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work
environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Zachry Holdings, Inc., Omaha , Reinf Irwkr I, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!