Business Customer Service Representative
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position Purpose/SummaryThe Business Customer Service
Representative is committed to providing the highest quality of
service to the communities, customers, and employees we serve by
fulfilling our business customers' needs by offering the latest in
technological advances allowing them to keep pace with the growing
demands of a global economy.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maximize business customer revenue opportunities through
explanation of products and services available to meet customer
- Support the Business Sales Team by creating Service Orders &
monitoring the workflow for proper billing.
- Sell business products and services. Ensure individual, team
and company goals and objectives are met
- Provide information to business customers relating to the
application for, installation of, and policies and procedures
relating to local and long-distance telephone, cable television and
- Administrative duties relating to local and long-distance
telephone, cable television, and internet services.
- Verify business customer-provided information prior to the
processing of service orders. Enter service orders into the
database, process service orders for installation, disconnection,
and feature changes by computer.
- Assist business customers by answering billing questions,
determining deposits, and approving credit memos by adhering to
American Broadband policies and procedures and Tariff requirements;
log credit deposit information, and determine payment options for
customers that have overdue accounts.
- Facilitate trouble reports for business customers and forward
information to the appropriate department or individual
- Maintain business customer plant records.
- Assist technicians in clearing business troubles.
- Assist with business bad debt collection, as needed.
- Provide pertinent business information to technicians and main
office personnel, as required.
- Assist with or coordinate business special projects, as
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner
through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with
customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to use appropriate computer programs (including, but
not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite) which includes having
proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn as
programs and processes change.
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work
independently to reach a goal.
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging
others to seek innovative approaches.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with Company's Customer
Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) regulations and
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, as needed, to best
serve our customers.QualificationsAt a minimum, the Business
Customer Service Representative must have a high school diploma or
equivalent plus 4+ years customer service/sales experience. Basic
telephony and cable television experience, inside and out,
preferred.Physical DemandsSelect one the following for the each of
the items listed below:
- N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this
- O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33%
of the time or 0 - 2.5+ hours/day.
- F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66%
of the time or 2.5-5.5+ hours/day.
- C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than
66% of the time or 5.5+ hours/day. Standing N? O? F? C? Walking N?
O? F? C? Sitting N? O? F? C? Reach Outward N? O? F? C? Reach Above
Shoulder N? O? F? C? Climbing N? O? F? C? Crawling N? O? F? C?
Squatting/Kneeling N? O? F? C? Bending N? O? F? C? Keyboarding N?
O? F? C? Driving N? O? F? C? Hearing N? O? F? C? Communicating N?
O? F? C? Perceiving N? O? F? C? Outdoor Climate N? O? F? C? Various
Terrain N? O? F? C? Cramped Workspace N? O? F? C? Lift/Carry: Up to
10 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 20 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 50 lbs N? O? F?
C? Up to 75 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 100 lbs N? O? F? C? 100+ lbs N?
O? F? C? Push/Pull: Up to 10 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 20 lbs N? O? F?
C? Up to 50 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 75 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 100 lbs
N? O? F? C? 100+ lbs N? O? F? C? DisclosureThe Company has reviewed
this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic
duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for
job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position
described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent
a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to
change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to
perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. American Broadband,
and all subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. PI202118714
Keywords: Camtel, Omaha , Business Customer Service Representative, Other , Blair, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!