Company: Westmont Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Performs protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and
restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct,
and threats to life and property to maintain a safe and secure
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and
qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all
duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational
demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours
worked in a week.
Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of
the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify
potential security and safety risks or undesirable
- Requires verbal communication using pager and two-way radio,
bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of
guests, e.g., assisting with door lock problems, coordinate
expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or
safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm,
rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct,
violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the
security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and
property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise
moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment
using manual dexterity of hands.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond
in a timely manner based on priority.
- Use a clear, concise English speaking voice, listen with
empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all
appropriate incident information.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property
including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location
of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
- Receive, record and store lost and found items. Research and
respond to inquirers from guests concerning status of items.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots,
provide same for employees carrying house banks.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to management.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or
loss to management.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety
and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed
appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member
- Assists other Front Desk Personnel when needed.
- Perform any related duties as requested by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The Hotel may consider equivalent combination of acceptable
education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and
abilities cited below, when applicable
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to
graduation from high school or any other combination of education,
training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills
and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- Prior law enforcement or other military experience
- Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function
rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English
clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under
pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient while maintaining
a pleasant cheerful demeanor.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to operate a computer, printer, copier, and
Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform
essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and
walking significant distances between and within buildings on the
- Lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing,
walking, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
Keywords: Westmont Group, Omaha , Security Officer, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!