Sterile Processing Tech I
Company: CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - B
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy
our focus is patient-centered care. Our level I trauma center and
academic medical center campus is designed to heal the body mind
and spirit of every person in a more comfortable less stressful
hospital environment. Our full range of medical services includes
trauma services heart and vascular care emergency services surgery
maternity cancer care and diagnostic imaging. Eligible for New Hire
$2,000 Sign-On Bonus Speak to a recruiter regarding incentive
eligibility, requirements, and restrictions for new hire employees
and current employees accepting a promotion.
Job Summary / Purpose Sterile Processing Technicians are
responsible for cleaning, assembly, and sterilization of
instrumentation from all areas of the hospital. They pick up and
deliver as needed following AAMI, OSHA, and Joint Commission
recommendations for identifying contaminated and clean items. They
may assist with case cart assembly and OR room turnover.
Technicians contribute to the department goals through quality
services. Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for cleaning, inspecting, processing, assembling,
and sterilization of all instruments and equipment following
Policy/Procedure, Industry Standards, and manufacturer Instructions
for Use (IFU).
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows OSHA requirements
at all time.
- Assists with daily/weekly testing and logging of all mechanical
equipment, including but not limited to Mechanical Washers, Sonic,
- Maintains accurate and legible documentation.
- Assists with the routine maintenance of instrumentation by
identification of items needing repair.
- Follows procedure for set assembly utilizing Instrument
Checklists and/or Instrument Tracking where available.
- Where applicable:
- Completes case cart assembly by adding needed instrumentation
to the case cart.
- Assist with OR Room Turnover
- Cleaning and HLD of GI Scopes, Bronchoscopes, TEE Probes
- Uses supplies (wrap, containers, chemicals, etc.) efficiently,
correctly, and according to IFU.
- Participates in Department activities including, but not
limited to, Orientation, System Education, Quality, Daily Briefing
& Supply needs.
Education Required: High school diploma Experience: One (1) Year of
applicable experience, determined by facility -OR- Successful
completion of a Sterile Processing Tech or Surgical Tech Program
from an accredited school.
Keywords: CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - B, Omaha , Sterile Processing Tech I, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!