Part-Time Math Tutor
Company: AIM Institute
Posted on: March 19, 2023
AIM Institute is a non-profit organization with a mission to
grow, connect, and inspire the tech talent community through
education and career development. We are seeking a part-time math
tutor for students attending Papillion-Lavista High School. Tutors
work directly with the students served by AIM Institute's Upward
Bound program. Services include teaching or tutoring Mathematics
subject matter from 9th to 12th grade. Essential Job Functions:
- Every Monday, collect a list of students who have a D or lower
in Mathematics classes or need help with a speci---c area in the
English portion of the ACT.
- Contact each student with a D or lower in Mathematics, and set
a tutoring appointment with them that same week.
- Contact subject teachers, school counselors, or parents as
needed, to ensure that each student improves their grade.
- Teach, tutor, and mentor students in Mathematics to ensure
their grade goes up.
- Teach and tutor students in any Mathematics portion of the ACT
that students may need.
- Once a month, meet with the UB Tutor team to discuss and come
up with solutions to any low grades or any issues regarding
tutoring attendance, achievement, etc.
- Deliver courses geared towards generating excitement for
learning, as well as developing concrete academic skills in
- Maintain attendance sign-in and ensure an accurate record of
student attendance in Lacai. Student signatures of services
rendered prove time to be paid.
- Other duties as assigned. Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Be creative in coming up with individual solutions to the root
causes of the performance problems.
- Ability to understand that students will already be frustrated
with their performance when they come for tutoring, so patience,
kindness, and fun in learning the material will be important.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and
- Demonstrate the motivation to work with students from diverse
- Possess discretion, sound judgment, and solid decision-making
- Deliver engaging and age-appropriate instruction that keeps
youth intellectually curious, interested, and focused.
- Be adaptable and ---exible regarding scheduling to meet
programming needs Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in either subject matter or
- Teacher certi---cation
- High school teaching experience in the subject area.
- Experience working with diverse backgrounds preferred.
- Must have experience in teaching the core subject area.
REQUIREMENT To be considered for a position with AIM Institute all
applicants MUST COMPLETE a culture index survey and answer a brief
questionnaire. Please copy and paste the following links into a
browser to complete.
Keywords: AIM Institute, Omaha , Part-Time Math Tutor, Other , Papillion, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...