Paraprofessional, English Learner Program (EL)
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: March 19, 2023
POSITION/JOB TITLE: Paraprofessional, English Learner Program
(EL) GENERAL DESCRIPTION:The English Learner Program (EL)
Paraprofessional's primary responsibilities include assisting the
classroom teacher(s) and other support personnel with instruction.
The Paraprofessional also helps monitor student progress and
performance by collecting data and maintaining records. MINIMUM JOB
- An Associates degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72
quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated
proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading,
writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency
- Ability to speak, read and write English and another language
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student and
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, twist, balance, stoop, climb
steps and reach overheadQUALIFICATIONS
- Committed to helping all children learn - assist students and
reinforce learning concepts for individual or small groups
- Willingness to participate in professional development and
- Regular daily attendance is essential
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness
- Ability to work with diverse populations and handle situations
with tact and diplomacy
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers
in a friendly and professional manner
- Possess the manual dexterity, physical ability and stamina for
a full day of various physical activityOTHER INFORMATION: Work
Schedule: 183 duty daysDuty Hours: 6.50 hours per day - Specific
hours vary by building and position, Monday through FridaySalary:
Wages are administered consistent with negotiated agreement or
board adopted salary schedule JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to
reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and
outlined by certified staff.
- Model appropriate behaviors for students.
- Develop and maintain a professional rapport with classroom
teacher and other staff.
- Assist students at arrival and dismissal of school.
- Assist in the supervision of students during lunch and recess
- Assist with grading and reviewing homework as instructed by the
- Assist teachers in monitoring, collecting data and maintaining
records regarding student performance and progress.
- Ability to perform routine classroom management and maintenance
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods
and recess periods.
- Ability to organize and retrieve materials and organize
schedules according to guidelines.
- Knowledge of computers with the ability to assist students with
educational technology to include software.
- Performs other duties as assigned NOTE: The statements herein
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERAligned with the mission of
the Omaha Public Schools is the commitment to educational equity
for all students, staff and patrons of the school system. In all
places and in all activities of the Omaha Public Schools, it is
expected that every individual will be treated in a fair and
equitable manner. All conduct will reflect a belief in the dignity
and value of each person regardless of the individual's race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, age, marital status, citizenship status, or economic
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Paraprofessional, English Learner Program (EL), Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...