Front Desk Supervisor
Company: Westmont Group
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Description *$1,000 Sign On Bonus!* JOB SUMMARY Provides
guidance and leadership as the Front Desk Supervisor ensuring
consistent quality customer service is delivered.. ESSENTIAL JOB
FUNCTIONS This description is a summary of primary responsibilities
and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include
all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the
future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so
operational demands require variations in shift days, starting
times, and hours worked in a week.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide
clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct front desk clerks in
details of work. Observes performance and encourages
- Greets guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand
requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate
information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Promptly complete registration process by inputting and
retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent
information including number of guests and room rates. Make
appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code
electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate.
Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, and
coupons as appropriate. Close out guest accounts at time of check
out. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which
may include authorizing revenue allowance. Requires standing and
continual mobility throughout front office area.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using
electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash; make changes and
balance as assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers,
travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate,
moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post
charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using a positive and clear
English language. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve
messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail,
small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations
and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and
the other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints
by conducting thorough research of the situation and the most
effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on
previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising
procedures to accommodate unusual situations. Authorize revenue
allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative
solutions have been offered.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies. Prepare appropriate
purchase orders in a timely manner to ensure proper par
- Manage Third Party Internet billing and arrivals. Prepare group
arrivals. Prepare pre-arrival packets as requested/required.
Anticipate flow of arrivals and take necessary steps to ensure
smooth check in/out.
- Train new agents in daily duties including cash handling
procedures, use of CRM Toolbox, organization of hotel. Ensure
compliance with all brand standards. Coordinate and track
successful completion of training on PMS system.
- Monitor and track time and attendance of associates. Reinforce
attendance policy with staff; recommend progressive discipline
procedures associates who are not in compliance with standard.
- Take actions to ensure high Associate Satisfaction scores as
measured by the Associate Opinion Survey. Work with other
supervisory and management staff to address all areas to ensure
consistent quality work environment.
- Be familiar and able to perform duties on all shifts, including
Night Audit and PBX.
- Turns in all lost and found items and all guest room keys.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to management.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or
loss to management.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety
and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed
appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member
- Assists other Front Desk Personnel when need.
- Perform any related duties as requested by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent and
graduation from high school or any other combination of education,
training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills
and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and
help resolve conflicts.
- Two years combined prior front desk and supervisor
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator and prepare
moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to read, listens, and communicates effectively in
English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a
moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
emergency situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and
continuously performs essential job functions.
- Standing 95% of shift
- Lifting up to 25 pounds maximum.
- Occasional twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing,
- Frequent talking, hearing, seeing and smiling. by Jobble
Keywords: Westmont Group, Omaha , Front Desk Supervisor, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...