Security Systems Specialist
Company: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Manages and maintains the Boys Town physical safety and security
systems; including surveillance systems, automated security
systems, employee ID systems, fire alarm/sprinkler systems and
physical keys. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: Day to day
management and maintenance of the Boys Town physical safety and
- Configures, maintains and troubleshoots physical security
systems issues. Coordinates card access control systems, key
controls, security cameras and alarm systems.
- Monitors camera/surveillance systems.
- Maintains various security programs.
- Documents and maintains all of the procedures and guidelines
for the security team to ensure that all employee access, burglary,
robbery, alarm and video surveillance-related systems and protocols
are being followed properly.
- Communicates with both internal teams and external vendors to
coordinate onsite inspections, equipment maintenance, department
meetings and trainings with respect to safety and security.
Monitors vendors who provide operational support.
- Notifies security team of any incidents that need to be
investigated and dispatches security resources if necessary.
- Runs security reports.
- Maintains, prioritizes and files confidential records.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to promote and maintain excellent public relations with
patients, visitors and all employees and maintain
- Ability to quickly assess situations and respond
- Administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task
while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to detect, respond, and report all unsafe conditions
accordingly, as needed. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work rotating shifts; including evenings, weekends,
holidays, and overtime as needed required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of two years of experience in Security, Military, or
Law Enforcement preferred. About Boys Town: Boys Town has been
changing the way America cares for children and families since
1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us
grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into
one of the largest national child and family care organizations in
the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research
Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care
and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to
those looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our
supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is
why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better
place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique
perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits
to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town
Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our
experts and professional development opportunities within the
organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than
just a job, it is a way of life. This advertisement describes the
general nature of work to be performed and does not include an
exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys
Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates
in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To
request a disability-related accommodation in the application
process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha , Security Systems Specialist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...