Summer Youth Supervisor
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 19, 2023
As a Summer Youth Supervisor, you can impact a youths life in
just a few short months. This means creating first-time experiences
and touching the lives of over 300 kids whether it be through a
culinary competition, outdoor recreation, learning the basics of
how to fish, competing in obstacle courses, team building, career
exploration or even giving back to their community through
volunteer work. This job is a fantastic opportunity if you are
interested in working with youth and can be considered an
internship through several colleges. $1,000 Retention Bonus (payout
in completion of full work assignment) Pay: $18.00 Hourly Schedule:
Temporary Part Time position. Training dates: May 30th June 2nd of
2023. Summer Enrichment Program Dates: June 5th July 27th of 2023
with July 4th off. Working schedule is Monday Thursday; 8:30am -
- Provides leadership and supervision of youth.
- Trains and supervises youth in a variety of activities,
including work-related, recreational, and academic that develop
- Ensures youth safety by encouraging proper use of tools and
appropriate peer relations; reports self-harm concerns.
- Assesses expectations of site and conducts appropriate training
- Evaluates and reports youth progress; meets and communicates
with appropriate personnel regarding youth progress.
- Attends training to improve knowledge and implement the Youth
- Performs activities as assigned in both indoor and outdoor
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's
Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages
teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior.
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Supports other members of the management team and their work.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential
functions and duties required for this position. However, other
duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a
supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner
while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and sustain trust to facilitate successful,
- Ability to quickly make decisions in sensitive and sometimes
critical areas and to adapt responses to situations while
maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Knowledge of Boys Town Model. Ability to successfully lead
youth in the completion of tasks and redirect inappropriate youth
behaviors. Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Previous experiences, preferable with youth care.
- Based on contract and work assignment, candidate's age may be
reviewed, as necessary, to meet contract requirements.Physical
- Reasonably expected to have and maintain sufficient, agility,
and endurance to perform all job requirements (including stressful
situations physically, mentally, and emotionally) encountered on
the job without compromising their health and well-being or that of
their fellow employees, youth, or families.
- Must have sufficient ability to see, hear, speak, and mobility
(including standing and walking continuously for extended periods
of time) to monitor youth, assist and perform daily household
chores, complete work assignments, and participate in activities
with youth. About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way
America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a
century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small
boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest
national child and family care organizations in the country. With
the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our
services branched out into the health care and research fields,
offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a
real difference. Our employees are our supporters when it comes to
achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their
commitment to making the world a better place for children,
families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town
employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town
physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan,
tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and
professional development opportunities within the organization,
just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job,
it is a way of life. This advertisement describes the general
nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive
list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an
equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the
E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To
request a disability-related accommodation in the application
process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Summer Youth Supervisor, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...