Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Title: Accompanist Location: Bryan High School, 4700 Giles
Road, Omaha, NE 68157 Reports To: Principal of assigned building
Work Schedule/FLSA Status: 181 day contract / 7 hours / Non-exempt
Salary Schedule: $20.69/hour Position Purpose: The accompanist is
responsible for playing piano during scheduled classes and
performances as directed by the vocal music teacher. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED required. Performance degree in
- Proficient in piano.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance, required.
- Ability to sight read well.
- Ability to improvise.
- Interpret the composed octavo accompaniments musically and
sensitively at the direction of the instructor.
- Demonstrated strong standards of professional ethics and skills
pertinent to build positive human relationships and the ability to
work effectively with all staff, administration and the
community.Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Accompany part signing (up to 4-vocal parts with ease).
- Accompanying during daily scheduled classes.
- Accompanying for rehearsals and performances scheduled before
and after school.
- Performing clerical responsibilities such as: music library
work, record keeping, and costume distribution.
- Assume a leadership role in assisting the substitute teacher in
the absence of the vocal music teacher.Additional Duties Performs
other related tasks as assigned by the Building Principal or other
Central Office Administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Equipment: This position may require the ability to use musical
equipment such as a piano and basic office equipment such as
computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machine. Must always comply
with OPS's guidelines for equipment use. Travel: Limited travel may
be required. Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations.
- Must have organization, time management, communication, and
- Work in school building and central office environments.
- Contact with personnel within the district and with customers
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the department
supervisor in order to complete day to day tasks.
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability
to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and
maintain a positive attitude with all customers and
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers
in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive
customer service. Employee Punctuality and Appearance
- In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are
expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled
hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has
received approved leave.
- Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from
the employee's supervisor or building administrator.
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a
manner that reflects a positive image of Omaha Public Schools and
is appropriate for their position. Terms of EmploymentThis position
is treated as a full-time non-exempt classified position. The terms
of your employment will be governed by applicable state laws
regulating employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of
Education policies, as those laws and policies may change from time
to time. If your position is represented by a collective bargaining
representative, then your employment will also be governed by a
negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining
representative. The offer of employment is contingent upon:
- Obtaining and providing verification of all licenses,
certificates, and other requirements for the position (e.g.,
Paraprofessionals obtaining Highly Qualified status, etc.), as
identified and maintaining all licenses, certificates, and
requirements for your position throughout employment.
- A background check which demonstrates to OPS that background is
acceptable for the position.
- Verification of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work
in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (if
required for position offered).
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required
for position offered). Omaha public schools does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation,
disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, gender
expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political
affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities,
employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other
designated youth groups. The following individual has been
designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination
policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215
Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. ) The Omaha Public School District
is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in
its services, programs, activities, education and employment for
individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation
in the application process please contact the human resources
department at .
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Accompanist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...